Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who was that guy here last year who was just obsessed with Drew Rasmussen? All our prospects really, but especially Rasmussen .

Wherever he is, there are some tears of joy right now.

clancyphile. He hasn’t come around in a while, but you’re right in that he was the #1 BF.net believer in both Brent Suter and Drew Rasmussen.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Are we really back to the Padres trade and judging it as complete? Turn the channel on it for a bit.

Right!?! It is ludicrous to try to "grade" that trade right now.

My words on it were literally that I wasn't saying we lost the trade and we need to wait and see on Urias but that the 2020 Brewers are probably a playoff lock with Davies and Grisham. Which is probably true.

Are we really back to the Padres trade and judging it as complete? Turn the channel on it for a bit.

My words on it were literally that I wasn't saying we lost the trade and we need to wait and see on Urias but that the 2020 Brewers are probably a playoff lock with Davies and Grisham. Which is probably true.

Except Davies would have pitched to an entirely different slate of hitters, with a different defense behind him, in a different stadium & Grisham would only have like a 50 OPS+ with Haines as his hitting coach.

My comment wasn't directed at you. I see where you are coming from. But at the same time, Grisham's and Davies stats aren't in a vacuum, either. No guarantee they'd be doing what they are doing if they were still Brewers.

My comment wasn't directed at you. I see where you are coming from. But at the same time, Grisham's and Davies stats aren't in a vacuum, either. No guarantee they'd be doing what they are doing if they were still Brewers.

Padres fans are convinced that their organization has altered Davies pitch mix to turn him into more of a strikeout hitter. By all accounts (I’ve seen) they’ve taken full credit for the team creating Davies 2.0.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived