Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So there's no possible way in a huge game that Williams or Hader could possibly pitch both heads of the double header? They really expect you to believe things that have been done for centuries are impossible today?

These days starting pitchers who pitch an inning before a rain delay don’t come back out after. It’s about muscle recovery and injury prevention.

I'm glad with the new knowledge of today that no pitchers ever end up on the DL.

God you are just terrible Yelich. It isn't enough that you can't hit this year?

No doubt we will all live to regret his nine year extension

I honestly wish he could be traded to anyone in the offseason

He can’t hit or field or throw

We have multiple DH candidates & no quality defenders or hitters

Curious to see what the off season produces with Counsell, Stearns, Haines, all the one year plus option guys

What a mess

So hard to watch this day after day

Bottom line: I was a diehard fan when all of these guys arrived & if I live I will outlast them all

But ... again ... what a disaster the 2020 season has been

Grisham just took Kershaw deep to tie their game versus the Dodgers if anyone cares. Also had an incredible bat flip to go with it.

Not what we really want to hear when this team struggles so much to score but good for him

Probably not excited to find out he's riding a 10 game hitting streak either then.

Grisham just took Kershaw deep to tie their game versus the Dodgers if anyone cares. Also had an incredible bat flip to go with it.

Not what we really want to hear when this team struggles so much to score but good for him

Probably not excited to find out he's riding a 10 game hitting streak either then.

Meanwhile Urias looks like another weak hitting middle infielder and Lauer can't even make the roster

This is a big reason why I was concerned about this series. The Brewers don’t have the pitching quality or depth to cover 5 games (even shortened games) in 3 days, and they don’t have the hitting to take advantage of the opponent’s back end pitchers.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

You pitch devin Williams. Win the game. Worry about the next days later

No guarantee that you need him in any of the next few days.

Or Hader, he threw like 12 pitches. Both were rested coming into today. Give it five years and position players playing more than 5 days a week in the field will be seen as an impossible feat.

The thing I don't get is Counsell strength was always his sense of urgency. This year it feels like he doesn't have any. What gives??

Hard to have a sense of urgency with a team that can’t score runs no matter what you do.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived