Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Packers have 43 points, 31 first downs and 524 total yards.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who knows how good the Vikings are but Rodgers has looked spectacular today.

I've wondered all off-season, with Rodgers only being 35 last season, and seeing what Brees/Brady have done in their late 30's...how much of Rodgers 2019 struggles were diminishing talent or just truly a new offensive scheme/system. Sure, the truth may still be in the middle somewhere, but I don't think he's done being in the top-5 elite QB in the game.

He'll be 37 this year, but I still take your point.

He did miss more big plays last year than he had at any other time in his career.

But I think he's still a top 5 QB. I'd just like to see if he can still come close to the level he's played at in the past. I think it's pretty encouraging that he's talked about better balance. He threw a lot of those off his back foot last year.

You simply can’t beat the Packers when Rodgers plays like this, you just can’t.

No doubt. Rodgers looks better than he has since that Collarbone injury.

He's getting the ball out quickly and he's as accurate as he's been in a while.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Meanwhile, the Bears are mounting a quasi epic comeback against the Lions.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This might be the most points a MN team has given up under Zimmer.

Way too early observation: defense looks like it’s going to hold this team back from being title contenders this year.

They've GOT to put in a call to Damon Harrison or someone like that this week. After week 1 you don't have to guarantee the contract the rest of the season. We needed another DL coming into this week and with Clark's status up in the air, we sure as hell need help on the DL right now.

Harrison should be available for a couple million.

Same old sorry Lions.

Swift drops game winning TD. Like, easy TD. Victory for the Bears.

Both teams looked like junk.

I just remembered I drafted Rodgers in my fantasy league as my #2 QB behind Brees. That means Brees will have a stinker today. Hurry up and place your bets on Brady and the Bucs.

I didn’t pick Rodgers this year as my #2 as whenever I have him on my team he doesn’t play up to his standards... so you’re welcome everybody.

I guess we are still doing handshakes and maskless meet and greets after games.

They're all tested before the game. I don't know that it's that big of a deal.

In reality, it's probably not. It's just not great optics. Or it's great to see some normalcy, depending on how one looks at it.

Same old sorry Lions.

Swift drops game winning TD. Like, easy TD. Victory for the Bears.

Both teams looked like junk.

Man that was hard to watch, feel sort of sorry for the guy. Easy doesn't even describe it, Stafford practically handed it to him.

In reality, it's probably not. It's just not great optics. Or it's great to see some normalcy, depending on how one looks at it.

It's probably not smart...but what I'm really shocked about is that we haven't heard about more guys going out and screwing around and getting Covid. You've had one larger outbreak in Florida and then the Cards had a few guys get it, but it's really been pretty smooth thus far.

Archived