Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who knows how good the Vikings are but Rodgers has looked spectacular today.

Vikings defense has been pretty bad, but Rodgers has been throwing darts and making great decisions.

The pause he had on that touchdown was brilliant. Pulled the defender off to open the window for the millisecond he needed before Lazard hit the sideline.

Broken kneecap on taylor? didn't seem like a ligament issue. :shrugs:

You can see the replay when they came back. His leg buckled pretty good coming down. And that little test to measure how loose the knee is.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I've wondered all off-season, with Rodgers only being 35 and seeing what Brees/Brady have done in their late 30's...how much of Rodgers 2019 struggles were diminishing talent or just truly a new offensive scheme/system. Sure, the truth may still be in the middle somewhere, but I don't think he's done being in the top-5 elite QB in the game.

I've wondered all off-season, with Rodgers only being 35 and seeing what Brees/Brady have done in their late 30's...how much of Rodgers 2019 struggles were diminishing talent or just truly a new offensive scheme/system. Sure, the truth may still be in the middle somewhere, but I don't think he's done being in the top-5 elite QB in the game.

He'll be 37 this year, but I still take your point.

He did miss more big plays last year than he had at any other time in his career.

But I think he's still a top 5 QB. I'd just like to see if he can still come close to the level he's played at in the past. I think it's pretty encouraging that he's talked about better balance. He threw a lot of those off his back foot last year.

It's a little too early to be playing prevent defense.

I am fine with it but not if you let them score in 2 minutes. I mean we were getting stops earlier now it's like I feel we need another score.

Yet that’s exactly what prevent defense creates if you don’t stop them, chunk plays.

That was a really weak holding call

Yes, it really was. Especially when you see the replay. He didn't hold at all.

I'd like to see a 5th TD pass here(though I won't get it).

Well...through one game, I guess we can say that the offense certainly looks better in year 2 of the LaFleur era!

Archived