Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Sigh

It's never easy.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Glad Rodgers keeps going back to him. They need his explosiveness in their offense. Has to get over the dropsies.

Historically Rodgers does that a lot. He will often go right back to the same guy after a big drop. He has also been a guy to not be afraid of throwing to young receivers versus feeding his star nonstop.

I don't know, my perception of him has been just the opposite. At least since Jones and Jordy were young. If he doesn't trust a guy, he doesn't really throw to them unless he has to. Maybe my perception is a little altered due to a few young guys like Janis(or even MVS the last half of last year).

That may be due more to route running than to drops also.

And a blown Coverage there. Giving the Vikings a little more life. Savage blows the coverage.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

This is a good defense and Rodgers is pretty much doing whatever he wants to them.

Depends on your definition of good I guess. I think they lost 8 starters on defense? They were exceptional in 2019...average would be my adjective.

Can we please not do the fold in the 4th quarter thing that we like to do sometimes?

Yeah, I mean make them eat some clock, giving them a 1 minute TD AND conversion at a time when you really have the game in control. Feels like we were always holding on in the face of a furious late rally last season.

This is a good defense and Rodgers is pretty much doing whatever he wants to them.

It's really not. It's all just reputation at this point.

It was last year. They're not great at CB, but they're pretty good everywhere else.

Saving Dillon for the 4th quarter?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Depends on your definition of good I guess. I think they lost 8 starters on defense? They were exceptional in 2019...average would be my adjective.

I didn't think they'd lost that many, but they lost Griffen and replaced him with a better player. They lost Joseph and again, replaced him with a better player(though he opted out).

It's hard to tell through 3 quarters of one game.

Vikings D must be exhausted. Punish.

Saving Dillon for the 4th quarter?

My guess would be they don't really trust him in pass pro just yet. As I said earlier, Jones stepped up and picked up Barr on a few passes that gave Rodgers room to throw that a rookie may not have picked up. Or maybe he's just 3rd on the depth chart.

People still have a lot of deference and respect for the Vikings defense. Much in the same way that people still feel like Smash Mouth is one of the best bands in the world.

You watch your tongue. Smashmouth is awesome. :D

They're no longer All Stars.

I see what you did there...:tip of the cap:

Season ending right knee if I had to guess from Taylor's reaction.

It'd seem like that'd be the case.

I thought it was a shoulder from the way he went down. But then you see them testing the lower leg. And they can usually tell if it's a torn ACL on the field.

Maybe we get lucky though. More worried about Clark at the moment.

Archived