Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Great half other than that drive though. Offense (and Rodgers) look good.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That really sucks, had them on the ropes and they were really giving up but gave up the big draw. Crappy penalty but they were in FG range anyway

He made a 50 yard kick 35 yards. It was a huge penalty.

Indoors but I am not sure about their kicker. But sure he may have missed it just saying they were still going to kick it and it was still like 70%?

Rodgers looking good, leaning on Adams too much but the guy knows how to get open. Especially like those darts on the 2 TD's.

That really sucks, had them on the ropes and they were really giving up but gave up the big draw. Crappy penalty but they were in FG range anyway

He made a 50 yard kick 35 yards. It was a huge penalty.

If King doesn't bust contain on that run it would have been irrelevant.

Letting cook get outside is really what triggered that drive.

Clark is out. Good luck stopping the run game now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Probably didn’t need to hit him, but that’s a tacky penalty. Helmet never really made contact.

Yeah, that kinda is. Savage is flying over there at full speed and is getting ready to hit Rudolph as he goes down. But a lot of these penalties are pretty ticky tack penalties. I've definitely seen much-much worse.

Really the only area of concern thus far for me is those 3 DL. Lancaster and Lowry looked just laughably bad on the short TD run by Cook. I don't know what Lancaster did, but he linedup in a 4 point stand and then just flopped to his belly...go back and watch that. It was as bad as of an effort as I can remember in a short yardage situation.

And on D, Kenny Clark. He went to the half when the Packers had the ball, but that's still a giant question mark. He's dominated so far. He's the guy this D can least afford to lose.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Hockenson looks like he might be a problem for a while.

You would think Progressive would cut their losses with Baker Mayfield.

I still have no idea how good Mayfield's gonna be. I think he can be productive...he was as a rookie, but then they went with Kitchens last year and he didn'r really have a chance.

I'd give him one more season if I had an investment in him. It's not like he's Johnny Football and already proven to be a complete clown.

You would think Progressive would cut their losses with Baker Mayfield.

I still have no idea how good Mayfield's gonna be. I think he can be productive...he was as a rookie, but then they went with Kitchens last year and he didn'r really have a chance.

I'd give him one more season if I had an investment in him. It's not like he's Johnny Football and already proven to be a complete clown.

He's not off to a good start this year.

MVS. Gotta make that catch. That's literally a turnover.

That's what's stopping him from being a difference-maker. He made plenty of big plays early last year but couldn't make the routine plays often enough. Then he lost his confidence and Rodgers lost confidence in him.

It's just one play this year, and one that even good WR'ers will bungle every once in a while thinking about running after the catch, but it's a big one. Hopefully, they come back to him next series.

Archived