Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
0 for 3 in the red zone (td %) again. Is this just something to expect out of a MLF type system and scheme?

#Packers were actually pretty good at converting red-zone trips into touchdowns last season, ranking second in the NFL with a 67% clip last season.

They're 0-for-3 converting red zone trips into TDs today. Only six points in three red-zone trips. Not what you want.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

0 for 3 in the red zone (td %) again. Is this just something to expect out of a MLF type system and scheme?

#Packers were actually pretty good at converting red-zone trips into touchdowns last season, ranking second in the NFL with a 67% clip last season.

They're 0-for-3 converting red zone trips into TDs today. Only six points in three red-zone trips. Not what you want.

Broadcast had 64% and 8th in NFL.

They were 8th in the NFL last year.

I know they ended up pretty decent. Edge of the top 25% of teams in the league. Just seems early season, they had the same struggles. Wonder what it was through the first 6 games last year.

Well that makes you feel better about going for it on 4th

I agree with going for it on 4th and goal from the 1.

I don't agree with having 2nd and goal at the 1 and never once in 3 plays using the bruising 250 pound back for the exact sole situation that you invested a 2nd round pick in him for.

I knew they would go for it, over the years that has evolved into the default call when 4th and goal at the 1. I wish coaches had a better feel for it though, sometimes you can just feel the momentum shift on the previous downs. I don't know why Dillon is not in there but Jones is pretty good at the goal line.

Trubisky is still horrible
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Trubisky is still horrible

It's hilarious that the Bears' big offseason acquisition is a guy who couldn't even beat out Mitchell Trubisky for a job. They payed a draft pick and a lot of money to buy their bad player a worse backup. That is literally what they did.

Rodgers a QB sneak on 4th and short? What a concept!

I think we should add it to the red zone play book.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The solution to red zone scoring issues is to just score from outside the red zone.

Archived