Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
KY24DgL.jpeg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jenkins starting at RT, Lucas Patrick at LG
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So of these two guys that were supposed to be these potential diamonds that were going to make us forget how desperate we were for WR improvements going into the off-season, one did not even make the team (Reggie Already Forgot Your Last Name), and one was a healthy scratch for Week 1. (ESB).

Not saying that ESB sitting Week 1 means anything about his future potential, but people buy into the off-season hype stories way too much.

I'm guilty of it too. I remember when I thought Austin Kafentzis was going to be Wisconsin's next great QB.

I’ll never pick the Packers to win in Minnesota, but I think we’re in for a good game. My heart says 27-20 Packers, but my head says 27-20 Vikings. Either way, I’m glad to have football back. Go Pack Go!

Homefield *should* be irrelevant, well maybe not irrelevant but at least a lot less relevant than normal.

Now that I think about it, that seems like a huge advantage for the Chiefs this year.

I’ll never pick the Packers to win in Minnesota, but I think we’re in for a good game. My heart says 27-20 Packers, but my head says 27-20 Vikings. Either way, I’m glad to have football back. Go Pack Go!

Last season the Packers played their best game in Minnesota. I think the Vikings are overrated, especially their defense. They still have the reputation as a Packer killer and it just isn't true anymore. I see something like a 21-14 Packers win.

Well it's one drive but sheesh not even close to stopping a run play.

Why would anyone expect them to? Lowry and Lancaster were bad players last year and they did nothing to upgrade there. Blake Martinez was lost and their biggest addition was Kirksey who was pretty poor on that drive.

There's nothing on paper to suggest that the Packers rush D will be any better in 2020 than they were in 2019.

Archived