Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 12-0 -- No Hit by Alec Mills]

Eye Black
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but think that this is the universe's karma for Counsell putting Sogard back in the starting lineup for one day.

As much as the manager should take a hit the GM failed miserably last offseason.

other than maybe the equipment manager there is no one in the organization that should not catch some heat for this year.

You could probably do a 12 Days of Christmas on this game.

12 Cubs runs

11 drinks a Brewers fan

10 Cubs hits

9 innings from Mills

8 Brewers strikeouts (Optimism!)

7 Brewers walks

6 shots of vodka

5 run 4th

4 run 5th

3 Brewers errors

2 Arcia runs

And a no hitter from Alec Mills

This was pretty good.

I laughed.

Still on the whole, "IF you're gonna be bad..." train. Hope MLB doesn't change the draft rules and think about moving Hader in the offseason, in anticipation of a more robust market. I think Josh is going to be good for the next 3 years. Game-changer good. But Williams might be there too, and there's enough depth all over this roster on the pitching side to keep the BP pretty darn good. Plus, I think there's a good chance Josh gets a little worse. I'd move him. I really would. It's the kind of move you don't have to make if you're a big market team, but when you're not, it feels like the one you regret not making.

Stole this:

The Brewers finished 0-11 on hard-hit balls. Using Statcast's expected batting average, the chance that none of them would go for a hit was 0.07%.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Cubs have thrown 2 no-hitters at Miller Park.

The Brewers have thrown 0.

Now that's just piling on. :laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived