Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 12-0 -- No Hit by Alec Mills]

Eye Black

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Local to the Milwaukee area, Jonathan Stiever (Cedarburg HS) will be making his major league debut today for the White Sox as their starting pitcher. Stiever was a 2015 graduate.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Imagine if you will. Houser is having his Burnes SP season before locking in next year.

Yeah I just don't see it. Houser is almost 28 and just has never been a dominant pitcher at any level. Burnes is a couple years younger and absolutely dominated minor league hitters when he started to break out.

Both have a solid pitch mix but Houser just isn't dominant enough with his to be able to keep hitters off balance after a couple times through the order.

I think Houser's ceiling is probably a peak Chase Anderson, although he'd make a better reliever than Chase was. Corbin Burnes he is not.

Our game threads only get posts when things go bad. Yesterday we were at like 3 pages and then Hader happened. All of a sudden 9-10 pages. Stinks that we don’t have posters right now unless they have something lousy to say about the team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think a lot of folks just don't take this season as seriously as in the past. It's understandable for the fair weather average fan, but the die hards are still paying attention...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I REALLY hope the Sogard obsession that CC has ends after this season. He pretty much offers nothing.

(Yes, I know he hasn't started a game since September 3rd or something like that, but I don't think it's because CC benched him, I think that order came from above)

Perfect storm. Houser was going to get hit a bit the second time through and just awful defense.

Typical 4th inning blow up... Houser should have been out of this inning with any kind of defense, so it isn't all his fault, however, he has done nothing to help his cause after the crap show started either.

I think we will be marking last night as the last time that the Brewers had a serious shot at making the playoffs. All of these games against the Cardinals with an anemic offense should end all doubt.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I think we will be marking last night as the last time that the Brewers had a serious shot at making the playoffs. All of these games against the Cardinals with an anemic offense should end all doubt.

I mean, I hear you. I don't have a lot of faith that the Crew can win enough of those for it to matter. But anybody can 6-4 or 7-3, and that's going to make it interesting. 7-3 and you figure they're in second.

Archived