Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You always sell high on relievers. We will be having this discussion about Williams in a few years. Still much of the blame has to go to this punchless offense.

You say this repeatedly, but then also say you can't trade him unless you get a Gavin Lux quality prospect back. What do you want Stearns to do, force a trade at gunpoint?

Hader’s lack of velocity is concerning. If he needs TJ at some point his value is completely gone. By the time he recovered he’d maybe be a half year rental in a trade.

He was a guy who hit 100 when he first came up.

We needed to move him last offseason or this deadline though I doubt the offers were there this season. Just have to hope he bounces back next season because we are now stuck with him.

That’s a season ender

Oh, it no doubt sucks, but this might be a smidge premature ;)

Maybe, but even before this you had to wonder how the Brewers were going to navigate all of those doubleheaders. With no offense more often than not, the pitching has to be almost perfect, and they don’t have the quality or depth for that.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

You always sell high on relievers. We will be having this discussion about Williams in a few years. Still much of the blame has to go to this punchless offense.

You say this repeatedly, but then also say you can't trade him unless you get a Gavin Lux quality prospect back. What do you want Stearns to do, force a trade at gunpoint?

I'd like to know what the offers were. If it was Andujar and some other garbage from the Yankees we may as well keep him. If teams were offering a good deal we should have done it.

Nothing in baseball is as unpredictable as relief pitching. So few guys are consistent year after year and when you can sell high on any of them you do it.

Hader’s lack of velocity is concerning. If he needs TJ at some point his value is completely gone. By the time he recovered he’d maybe be a half year rental in a trade.

He was at 95. I'm not sure where this idea that Hader has regularly thrown 98, but I don't think that is necessarily true. He's been sitting at 95-96 on his fastball this year, and that is pretty much where he's at. He was hitting 97 a few times last year, but it wasn't until mid-year ... 80-100 games in.

I'd like to know what the offers were. If it was Andujar and some other garbage from the Yankees we may as well keep him. If teams were offering a good deal we should have done it.

Nothing in baseball is as unpredictable as relief pitching. So few guys are consistent year after year and when you can sell high on any of them you do it.

Watch the game. Cheer for the Brewers.

He was at 95. I'm not sure where this idea that Hader has regularly thrown 98, but I don't think that is necessarily true. He's been sitting at 95-96 on his fastball this year, and that is pretty much where he's at. He was hitting 97 a few times last year, but it wasn't until mid-year ... 80-100 games in.

His first year up he was 99/100. My wife knows nothing about baseball but loved Hader cuz he could throw 100 mph. That’s the only reason I know he threw that hard. He wasn’t that last year, and seems to lose a mph or so each year...

Archived