Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time the Brewers put up three games of zeros was 2013 by my research:

July 19th (Kyle Lohse 6 Innings)

July 20th (Yovani Gallardo 6.1 Innings)

July 21st (Wily Peralta 8 Innings)

The most incredible thing...the third game was a 13 inning marathon. It ended in a 1-0 win thanks to Caleb Gindl hitting a walk off homer. It was a complete three game sweep of the Miami Marlins.

The most incredible thing...the third game was a 13 inning marathon. It ended in a 1-0 win thanks to Caleb Gindl hitting a walk off homer. It was a complete three game sweep of the Miami Marlins.

That's great. Forgot about Gindl.

That's great. Forgot about Gindl.

I went to check what homer it was of his career, it was actually homer #1.

David Ross on Brandon Woodruff Brent Suter: "That's a No. 1 starter. That's a real ace."
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ryan Braun ready time carry us to another playoff appearance for this franchise. So disappointed in the lack of posters around here lately. Where the hell is everyone?!? It’s September and all for cripes sake.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This teams pitching could play really well in playoffs. Just gotta get in.

Former MVP will carry the offense until then. Hopefully Yelich can follow suite.

Oddly the best place to be might be the 8 seed. Best chance to beat LA might be in a 3 game series.

Former MVP will carry the offense until then. Hopefully Yelich can follow suite.

Oddly the best place to be might be the 8 seed. Best chance to beat LA might be in a 3 game series.

This is very, very true. If the WS is the goal, and I'd think it is, you want to face LA right off the bat. Although with this roster I'll be happy with any playoff appearance.

Arent they allowing teams to choose their first round opponents? So being the 8 seed might not mean they draw the Brewers.

This is very, very true. If the WS is the goal, and I'd think it is, you want to face LA right off the bat. Although with this roster I'll be happy with any playoff appearance.

I think you would prefer to not play the Dodgers and hope someone else beats them.

I think I would still prefer the #6 or #7 seed over the #5 or #8. The Dodgers are a lock to get the #1 seed and the Padres are a lock to get the #4 seed. Let those two teams battle it out in the second round and take your chances against the Cubs and then Braves (or whoever upsets them).

I realize anyone can lose a 3-game series no matter how good.

Edit: I’ll add that the Braves are low on quality pitching so facing them over a longer series wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived