Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-11: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Woodruff w/ 7.0 IP, 12 SO, 1 H, 0 BB; Braun walk-off sac fly in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did it hit Caratini or not? The last angle looked like maybe it got his shoe laces.

My mistake then. I thought it clearly didn't hit him at all. Missed that look.

It was weird. It obviously hit the dirt first, but on the ricochet it appeared to lightly graze the very top of his shoe on the laces.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

A good way to lose me is to post stats. The best indication to judge someone's performance is the the eye test, and Hiura and Yelich have been quite disappointing. Their only saving grace this year is they are hitting more dingers than anyone else on the team, but then again they're the only two guys playing nearly every day.

I agree that they have been disappointing and frustrating to watch, but I will agree to disagree that the eye test outweighs stats (which also indicate that they have been disappointing in relation to expectations, but it's certainly not a stretch to consider them at least average players still) ;)

You know what they say. Stats can say whatever you want them to say, aka stats lie.

Ok-make it look statistically like Sogard is having a good season

I'm a Wisconsin sports fan, so I completely expect Woodruff to throw a no-no through 9 in a scoreless game only to lose it in the 10th on an inside-the-park homerun on a sky high pop-up lost in the lights.

Can’t believe you just referenced that thing that hasn’t happened yet, that your not supposed to talk about when it hasn’t happened yet....

I'm a Wisconsin sports fan, so I completely expect Woodruff to throw a no-no through 9 in a scoreless game only to lose it in the 10th on an inside-the-park homerun on a sky high pop-up lost in the lights.

Can’t believe you just referenced that thing that hasn’t happened yet, that your not supposed to talk about when it hasn’t happened yet....

Pitch count too high anyway I think. He'd have to go 130-140 pitches unless he has a couple real quick innings.

Archived