Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-09: Brewers (Burnes) at Tigers (Boyd) [Brewers win, 19-0 -- Sweet Sassy Molassy; Burnes faces one over the minimum in 7.0 IP]

Eye Black
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I"ll be curious to see the before/after team stats. Offense might actually be average for the season now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I"ll be curious to see the before/after team stats. Offense might actually be average for the season now.

Total runs scored is still below most of the teams in the NL.

These are the teams with less runs scored than the Brewers after the game today:

Marlins, Cardinals, Reds, Pirates, and Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks are just 1-run behind the Brewers after today's game.

On a side note the Brewers scored as many runs as they have wins this year in today's game.

I'm kind of mad at Detroit. If they were going to put a position player out there to get shellacked in the top of the 9th, a nice gesture would have been to give us Schoop on the mound instead of Demeritte.

I think Schoop is hurt from yesterday's HBP. I think we knocked another guy out for the season in our last series with them. They probably aren't too crazy about our pitchers at the moment.

Robert Murray with the Cy Young mention

Ps. Way to go Stearns......some of the best deals are the ones you don’t make

A ton of fans and some on the forum wanted to trade for Matthew Boyd.

This offseason one poster wanted to give up Arica, Turang, and Rasmussen. Of course they backtracked after someone said Boyd sucked to end the year.

2019 deadline (before Boyd went off the rails) a frequent poster said he would, “pretty much give up anything in the system not named Hiura to get him.” Many others believed we could never get Boyd without giving up Hiura.

Let’s just say Boyd has not been trending up in value since.

Not quite, but went from 85 wRC+ to 92 wRC+. Looking at only the players on the roster (So without Smoak, Holt, Morrison mainly) Brewers are a 95 wRC+ team.

Congrats to the Brew Crew for today’s offensive explosion!

The bats somewhat overshadowed the best pitching performance of the year & of Corbin Burnes young career.

After all the complaining I’ve done in recent games I had to add this post after watching the game on delay.

I would have enjoyed watching this one live but like so many others, I was working & unable to tune in during the game.

Hopefully, the momentum carries over for the next week or so ... lots of Cards & Cubs games that could vault us back into the playoff hunt quickly.

I was especially excited to see Tyrone Taylor breakout. I would love to see him manning CF through the end of this memorable season.

#GoBrewers

Archived