Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black
It still just amazes me that there are several teams that are hitting worse than the Brewers. I know the average MLB game is quickly turning into an unwatchable 3.5 hour 3TO home run derby, but it still blows my mind that there are objectively worse offensive teams in MLB right now.

You’re absolutely right. They want to expand the game but how don you get a new fan to watch 20 strikeouts a game and see balls in play? Slap some oppo hits, bunt to best the shift, and maybe don’t swing for the HR with 2 strikes!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s not going out on a limb to say the Packers will step back from 13 wins. The NFL has more turnover from year to year than probably any other league.

Well, I did say a huge step. I say that because last season they were an 8 or 9 win team that found a way to somehow win 13. They won't get that lucky this year.

Oh. Well this could be true. Could be... Still see too many standing out the mountain top trying to be the smartest in the room saying how bad the Packers will be because they didn’t get the WR they wanted in the draft. Not saying that’s what you are doing but Packers fans have become some of the most annoying fan bases.

I don't think it's just about not getting a WR. I could live with that if they got some guys up in the middle to help stop the run or at least their right tackle of the future. But their first two picks were spent on guys who have zero path to helping this team in the near future. For a team in the NFCCG in the twilight years of Aaron Rodgers I think it's very understandable why that is a tough pill for fans to swallow.

It’s not going out on a limb to say the Packers will step back from 13 wins. The NFL has more turnover from year to year than probably any other league.

Well, I did say a huge step. I say that because last season they were an 8 or 9 win team that found a way to somehow win 13. They won't get that lucky this year.

Oh. Well this could be true. Could be... Still see too many standing out the mountain top trying to be the smartest in the room saying how bad the Packers will be because they didn’t get the WR they wanted in the draft. Not saying that’s what you are doing but Packers fans have become some of the most annoying fan bases.

Spot on. Love the Packers. Hate their fan base. Too full of cynical wanna-be GMs.

Community Moderator
One advantage to the pandemic is that I don’t even have to pretend to care about the NFL this year. I won’t even accidentally watch it since I won’t be at any bars or restaurants with TVs.

Archived