Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It feels like Houser is about to implode.

Well, it is the fourth inning. I expect it to happen next inning.

The roster makeup of this team just screams for an unconventional pitching approach and yet we still try to pound a square peg into a round hole and go out and lose games in the 5th and 6th inning every night. We have an entire roster full of 3-4 inning pitchers.

Gee Rock.

We can see why Urias didn’t throw to second, but no reason not to just run at the runner between him and the bag or go back to third and get the force there.

Handed them runners on second and third when it should have been first and second.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yes it's decent hitting but it's also terrible pitch sequencing.

No, it's not. He had worked him low in the zone the first three pitches, then went for a 4-seam fastball up in the zone and somewhat inside which he fouled off, then tried to get him low and away. It was a great sequence, going up down and up and down in the zone, inside and out. The pitch was well outside off the plate and he took it the other way. It was a great piece of hitting.

If nothing else, hopefully this season will lead to Houser heading back to the pen and us going out to find a quality starting pitcher.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is an awful Brewers team

They should be 10-30

How on earth they’ve won 18 games ... absolutely incredible

They are impossible to watch & the most difficult Brewers team I can remember trying to cheer for

I love baseball ... I love the Brewers ... I abhor watching this particular team

And I don’t need anyone’s “advice” or opinion

I’m one of the worst “homers” there is ... but this is unacceptable repeated poor effort & lackadaisical performance ... game after game ... same awful outcome

Signing Yelich may be one of the worst management decisions in our 50-year history ... nine more years could be catastrophic ... here’s hoping there is a revision to this year’s “no watching video” during games to make adjustments

This is an awful Brewers team

They should be 10-30

How on earth they’ve won 18 games ... absolutely incredible

They are impossible to watch & the most difficult Brewers team I can remember trying to cheer for

I love baseball ... I love the Brewers ... I abhor watching this particular team

And I don’t need anyone’s “advice” or opinion

I’m one of the worst “homers” there is ... but this is unacceptable repeated poor effort & lackadaisical performance ... game after game ... same awful outcome

Signing Yelich may be one of the worst management decisions in our 50-year history ... nine more years could be catastrophic ... here’s hoping there is a revision to this year’s “no watching video” during games to make adjustments

I know the Yelich extension was widely hailed as fantastic, but I do think the chances are very high that it is widely criticized in 5 years.

I don't find it hard to root for this team, I will always root for the Brewers, rain or shine.

However, I do find it hard to watch this team and remain interested. This is the least fun team ever. Just a bore-fest night after night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So is Eric Lauer still struggling to locate his 83 mph fastballs that it's been a month and he's still in Appleton? Maybe ill timing to ask in the midst of all the off days, but he made 52 starts the past two seasons and I haven't heard a peep about re-joining the team.

Scorecard on the trade so far is -0.3 WAR for 3.0 WAR.

the trade will be based on Urias, and how good he becomes. If he is a bust, the trade is a bust... Lauer will probably never amount to jack squat, Davies has been excellent, Grisham has been up and down. It all depends on Urias.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know the Yelich extension was widely hailed as fantastic, but I do think the chances are very high that it is widely criticized in 5 years.

I think that outcome is highly unlikely barring additional serious injuries. He might not be an annual top-5 MVP candidate for the next five years, but I just don’t see it becoming a move that’s widely criticized within 5 years either.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

the trade will be based on Urias, and how good he becomes. If he is a bust, the trade is a bust... Lauer will probably never amount to jack squat, Davies has been excellent, Grisham has been up and down. It all depends on Urias.

Stearns mentioned last week when he joined the broadcast that they believe Urias is going to develop more power in his game. I think whether or not that happens will have a big impact on how valuable of an offensive player he becomes. There are countless examples of guys that developed more power/slugging after their age-23 season. I’m hopeful we will see something similar for Urias, especially once he’s further removed from the hamate bone injury.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
It still just amazes me that there are several teams that are hitting worse than the Brewers. I know the average MLB game is quickly turning into an unwatchable 3.5 hour 3TO home run derby, but it still blows my mind that there are objectively worse offensive teams in MLB right now.

Archived