Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Indians (Bieber) [Brewers lose, 4-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yelich and Hiura putting lots of bad ABs on tape this year. I almost wonder if the lack of being able to go into the video room between at-bats is effecting these guys, especially Yelich. Both guys are swinging right through a lot of pitches they look like they should be destroying.

It’s crept into my mind that the Brewers were “cheating” to some degree.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yelich and Hiura putting lots of bad ABs on tape this year. I almost wonder if the lack of being able to go into the video room between at-bats is effecting these guys, especially Yelich. Both guys are swinging right through a lot of pitches they look like they should be destroying.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is exactly what I brought up with someone at work. That the lack of being able to watch video between AB's, I think, is playing a big role in his struggles this year

This is exactly what I brought up with someone at work. That the lack of being able to watch video between AB's, I think, is playing a big role in his struggles this year

Reviewing video between innings has never been "cheating" per se, but the increased use of technology does seemingly toe that line.

Reviewing video between innings has never been "cheating" per se, but the increased use of technology does seemingly toe that line.

I have certainly had this thought numerous times this year because of the Brewers overall abysmal batting performances & batting averages ... I was just reticent to post such a thought for fear of backlash from other Milwaukee fans

I have certainly had this thought numerous times this year because of the Brewers overall abysmal batting performances & batting averages ... I was just reticent to post such a thought for fear of backlash from other Milwaukee fans

Basic mathematics suggests a team can’t continue to leave the bases loaded as often as this years Brewers ... twice last night & again today

That is a good way to lose close ballgames on a regular basis

Someone needs to get a clutch base hit on occasion

The problem is they can't hit with bases empty or bases loaded.

They get a lot of base runners on walks and errors but when the ducks are on the pond they hit like they do normally.

Basic mathematics suggests a team can’t continue to leave the bases loaded as often as this years Brewers ... twice last night & again today

That is a good way to lose close ballgames on a regular basis

Someone needs to get a clutch base hit on occasion

The problem is they can't hit with bases empty or bases loaded.

They get a lot of base runners on walks and errors but when the ducks are on the pond they hit like they do normally.

Yelich is having a tough year, no doubt. But I'm most disappointed with Hiura.

Hiura has an identical OPS+ to Yelich.

Valid, but this doesnt make it any less disappointing. I thought he would make another jump, whereas I thought Yelich might regress 'some'.

Archived