Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Indians (Bieber) [Brewers lose, 4-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yelich hasn't come even remotely close at any point this season to resembling the player we saw the last 2 years.

I seriously wonder if the knee injury hasnt set him back.

I've seen videos comparing his swings from last year to this year and it is different. Mlre straight up, less hand wiggle, and doesn't get as deep in his bend when loading to hit.

What I’ve been noticing is that he often seems to be a little off balance after he swings, and turns his leg as if he’s a little uncomfortable landing on it.

I have to believe that his troubles this year are related to that injury and the disjointed training periods.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hiura has been swinging a much better bat lately, but he's got to start being a guy we can count on in these key scoring situations. He's had a couple of bad ABs in crucial moments the last couple days that have just killed us.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm ok being down a run and Bieber done after 5 innings.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm ok being down a run and Bieber done after 5 innings.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yelich and Hiura putting lots of bad ABs on tape this year. I almost wonder if the lack of being able to go into the video room between at-bats is effecting these guys, especially Yelich. Both guys are swinging right through a lot of pitches they look like they should be destroying.

Yelich and Hiura putting lots of bad ABs on tape this year. I almost wonder if the lack of being able to go into the video room between at-bats is effecting these guys, especially Yelich. Both guys are swinging right through a lot of pitches they look like they should be destroying.

I hope there comes a day where huge leg kicks and big swings go away with two strikes. Especially with runners on third and less than two outs. Just crappy baseball to watch and just makes very little sense.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hope there comes a day where huge leg kicks and big swings go away with two strikes. Especially with runners on third and less than two outs. Just crappy baseball to watch and just makes very little sense.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived