Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-05: Brewers (Woodruff) at Indians (Civale) [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Indians walk-off in 9th versus Hader]

Eye Black
It’s going to be tough sledding tomorrow against Shane Bieber, but hopefully the Brewers bring some serious plate discipline to the park. Need to find a way to work counts and get Bieber out of the game with a few innings to go.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't it be best to walk the bases loaded there? I guess maybe it doesn't matter either way now..

Can’t imagine it’s a good idea to put Hader in a situation where there’s no room for error if he goes into one of his wild streaks.

"Can't believe that ball left the ball park" ...I'm thinking he's more frustrated that he left a fastball middle-in on a 1-2 count to a hitter who was tracking him really well.

Based on his post-game comments, it was definitely that he couldn’t believe it went out. He said he was sure it was a lazy pop fly off the bat. It was an incredibly lucky home run, the exit velocity was just 90.6 mph off the bat.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Anyone else ready for Hader and Williams to flip flop roles??

No. They are both excelling in their current roles. Hader literally last outing just set a record for hitless outings to start a season. He's fine.

I'm fine with being more flexible with their roles, Hader for 2-3, Williams closing some games, kind of like how Hader/Jeffress/Knebel were used.

But Haders been great. Williams has been great.

We had plenty of chances to win this one late in the game but this game kinda fell apart when Woodruff walked Cleveland's #9 hitter after he was cruising there in the 5th. He's been good but not great this year. Need him to step it up a bit more down the stretch.

Archived