Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-05: Brewers (Woodruff) at Indians (Civale) [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Indians walk-off in 9th versus Hader]

Eye Black
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That last pitch caught him off guard

He picked a really bad situation to be guessing.

I honestly think the delivery itself caught him sleeping a bit. It was kind of a quick delivery and I don't think he was expecting a pitch of any kind. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Glad to see Williams used here, especially with a tough starter tomorrow. Just happy he’s not reserved for only protecting leads

Day off Monday also helps......he can pitch today and tomorrow if needed and still have a day off.

Doubt we need him tomorrow.....unfortunately

How is catchers interference handled for batting purposes? I know it’s an error on the catcher but it can’t count as an at bat right? Is it like hbp......or just a nothing?

The batter is not charged with a time at bat, but I don’t think he gets credit for anything for OBP purposes.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This is why I never buy into any Arcia type "breakout." He has never not reverted back to who he is.

Maybe but there's been an awful lot of love for Urias on this site and the more you just look at the numbers, the more you realize they're pretty much the same player offensively with a major advantage to Arcia defensively.

But he is 3 years younger then Arcia and had a better hitting profile in the minors.

Well Arcia has shown some tangible improvements, and Urias absolutely should not be compared to him at this point in his career.

Edit: I typed this before I saw the Arcia home run.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

This is why I never buy into any Arcia type "breakout." He has never not reverted back to who he is.

Maybe but there's been an awful lot of love for Urias on this site and the more you just look at the numbers, the more you realize they're pretty much the same player offensively with a major advantage to Arcia defensively.

But he is 3 years younger then Arcia and had a better hitting profile in the minors.

And still Arcia was more highly ranked and thought of by the evaluators. And as I type this, there goes a bomb!

How is catchers interference handled for batting purposes? I know it’s an error on the catcher but it can’t count as an at bat right? Is it like hbp......or just a nothing?

The batter is not charged with a time at bat, but I don’t think he gets credit for anything for OBP purposes.

Would assume it’s just reached on an error, no different than if a SS booted a grounder.

Would assume it’s just reached on an error, no different than if a SS booted a grounder.

Actually I don't think it counts as an AB or plate appearance.

Actually I don't think it counts as an AB or plate appearance.

It is not an AB and does not affect OBP or BA. But it does count as a plate appearance for qualifying for a batting title.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived