Brewer Fanatic

Product Feedback- Hit Parade?

PeaveyFury

Have any collectors here bought anything from Hit Parade? The concept is really interesting- basically, you buy a moderately but not excessively expensive box, and it contains a random auto'd piece of equipment (football helment, baseball bat/glove/ball/batting helmet, etc.).

Curious if anyone has made a purchase, and if so, what they ended up getting. There are some really great names included, but I'm sure that if I bought one I'd end up with a crap auto.

https://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/hit-parade

Specific product? Take a look at some I boxing’s on YouTube...that gives a quick idea of what people realistically pull. It’s like gambling...most lose, some come out even, and some get something nice. Hit parade is iffy. Card ones and baseball ones are probably the most decent. The bat ones suck because they are ugly generic bats.

Yeah, the bats have big, big names associated with them, but like I said, I'm certain I'd pull a garbage name rather than a Griffey or whomever. ~$160 for a bat is a pretty reasonable price if you pull a worthwhile name, so that seemed interesting.

I'm also confused by the authentication- are they saying that they're obtaining pre-signed authenticated items rather than acquiring them from the players? Getting a signed Yount glove sounds awesome, but not if it's authenticated by 'Bob's authentication service.'

A lot of it comes with authentication from them these days...I presume they are holding signings and they authentic it themselves. That’s probably how it goes for modern players. Some of the older stuff they may still be picking up second hand, thus it may be authenticated by some else. It’s a solid company though so they obviously only get legitimate authenticated items. No sketchy third party authentication.

• 3 weeks later...
The Brewers do something like this. The authentics area at MP you could buy game used jerseys/balls/hats or auto balls in a box for a price without knowing what you were going to get. On the last weekend of the season the stuff would be half off and while most people get the 4th of July uni's or other oddballs I did get the game worn jersey Thames was wearing when he his 11th homer in April his first year to set the franchise record so I was very happy with that. It actually more or less fits me because he wore his jerseys small to show off his pipes.

Not sure I would recommend the mystery boxes from the Brewers. The entire point of those is to help unload old garbage that no one really wants. Some teams will put higher end players in the mix to make it interesting, but the Brewers really don't. I have watched countless people open them to get mega scrubs and coaches. On Instagram the team store shared someone who opened two Chase Anderson jerseys. I can only recall one time they put something good in them and it was NLCS bases in a base mystery box. The Brewers just don't have any motivation to put decent stuff in them...they fly off the shelves like crazy during games even after someone watches four others get scrub jerseys.

I don't know that I would call them a rip-off...but don't expect to pull anything good. The only time I bought one was a base mystery box because I was bored and got them to ship it. Ironically I ended up with a base from one of the only two games I went to in 2019. Kinda funny.

Watching some YouTube breaks of the Hit Parade product sufficiently scared me away from gambling on one of these products. One break of their 'Triple Play' product (Auto'd ball, 8x10 and jersey) saw a guy drop ~$300 to get a ball signed by Ian Kennedy, a no-name 8x10, and a signed Brett Lawrie Blue Jays jersey. Yeeeeeech.

Watching some YouTube breaks of the Hit Parade product sufficiently scared me away from gambling on one of these products. One break of their 'Triple Play' product (Auto'd ball, 8x10 and jersey) saw a guy drop ~$300 to get a ball signed by Ian Kennedy, a no-name 8x10, and a signed Brett Lawrie Blue Jays jersey. Yeeeeeech.

You would think they would at least put a good 8x10 in the junk boxes to at least make people feel like they won...that is brutal.

Keep watching more breaks and you’ll be 100% scared away if you weren’t already. Then go buy scratch offs or pull tabs if you really have a gambling jones. A buddy of mine does breaks for a card shop in the area, hobby boxes, jerseys, mini and full size helmets, you name it. And they fill up instantly. They’ve got a nice core group of customers who seem to have unlimited disposable income. I’ve gotten in a few and haven’t won anything. Sometimes if I’m bored I’ll watch the breaks live on YouTube and some of the hits are just laughable. The last one was 2 Gold Rush autographed mini helmets. It was $15 a line and there were 16 lines so you got 2 teams. I can’t remember what was pulled but it was complete trash. Otherwise some of the product is mid bogglingly astronomical. Like 4 figures for 2 packs of cards. Basically it’s just like a trip to Poto, get in not expecting to win and if you do win something good it’s a nice surprise.

Archived