Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-04: Brewers (Burnes) at Indians (Carrasco) [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Burnes masterful; Haines ejected among flurry of expletives; Crew bats come alive]

Eye Black
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dan Vogelbach very much reminds me of Bob Hamelin.

First one that came to my mind was Matt Stairs....who is 52 years old if you want to feel really old yourself.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Dan Vogelbach very much reminds me of Bob Hamelin.

First one that came to my mind was Matt Stairs....who is 52 years old if you want to feel really old yourself.

So is Hamelin! Man some of those late 90s/early 2000s teams were terrible! Stairs did manage to pretty much play forever, though.

Pretty good chance this is going to be the worst hitting team average wise in baseball history.

Pretty much solely due to Yelich and Hiura and not having Cain.

There are a lot of guys adding to this mess other than Yelich and Hiura. They have a part for certain, but the rest of them aren't doing their jobs either.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

When Vogelbach slapped a single against the shift, Smoak was surely at home going “why didn’t I think of that”?

It was one thing when shifting started and it was against very good power lefties, absolutely don't bunt or try to slap the ball the other way if you're Barry Bonds or David Ortiz, but if we're talking about guys who can't hit .200, you're gonna be out of the league soon if you can't adjust.

Pretty good chance this is going to be the worst hitting team average wise in baseball history.

Pretty much solely due to Yelich and Hiura and not having Cain.

There are a lot of guys adding to this mess other than Yelich and Hiura. They have a part for certain, but the rest of them aren't doing their jobs either.

Right but they are so far below where they should be they are dragging everyone else down with the ship. Look at the lineup today. Everyone is sort of within a reasonable distance of where you'd expect them to be except those two.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Dumb play by Gamel, absolutely no excuse for that.

What happened?

He was on 1st base and a slow grounder was hit to second base...he proceeded to run into the tag play and then the throw made it to first for the double play on Hiura.

Sweep the leg, Corbin.

You didn't sweep the leg, Corbin.

Archived