Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-04: Brewers (Burnes) at Indians (Carrasco) [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Burnes masterful; Haines ejected among flurry of expletives; Crew bats come alive]

Eye Black

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added this to the 2020 Lineup thread, but will share here as well.

Counsell discussed the future of 1B playing time in his pregame press briefing today.

Via Will Sammon...

Counsell: Vogelbach's ABs will predominately come as DH. Gyorko will see action at 1B. Mentioned Peterson and Mathias as guys who could get innings there.

Added Keston Hiura could see action there, too.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Facing a righty with an all right handed infield, which means no Sogard. This could be a turning point where we just start playing the best players (or in the case of Urias, find out what we have) instead of worrying about platoon advantage above all else.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pretty good chance this is going to be the worst hitting team average wise in baseball history.

Pretty much solely due to Yelich and Hiura and not having Cain.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I love it that Burnes looks like he’s been there before now when he has success. I don’t mean that in an old-school, put your head down and look like you’re filing taxes and not playing a game type attitude. I mean compared to what he was like early in the year last year, where he seemed to get way too amped after Ks, and I think he just didn’t have a sustainable mindset out there.

Archived