Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-02: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Crew overcomes early 4-0 deficit]

Eye Black
This team is more painful to watch than 2002. At least that team was supposed to be bad, this team is just as god-awful to watch but they keep drawing me in because they should be better than this. It's a true miracle that Counsell has somehow found a way to get them to 16 wins.

Should this team really be better or is this a bad roster.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember when people thought the string of games against the Pirates, Reds, and Tigers would be the Brewers’ chance to make a move above .500.

If we were a good team we would have. I think it's just proving this team isnt good sadly.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This team is more painful to watch than 2002. At least that team was supposed to be bad, this team is just as god-awful to watch but they keep drawing me in because they should be better than this. It's a true miracle that Counsell has somehow found a way to get them to 16 wins.

I think the opposite, I think that Counsell doesn't have these guys ready to play day in and day out based on the constant mental mistakes... Bad enough that they are not performing physically, but the stupid mental mistakes take a toll, and some of that has to fall on the manager.

CC is over rated imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Should this team really be better or is this a bad roster.

Bad roster make-up.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think the opposite, I think that Counsell doesn't have these guys ready to play day in and day out based on the constant mental mistakes... Bad enough that they are not performing physically, but the stupid mental mistakes take a toll, and some of that has to fall on the manager.

CC is over rated imo.

I liked the job that CC did for the most part before this season but his reliance on Sogard and turning Hader into a one inning closer are just two of the moves that have been questionable at best. I'm not a fan of Hook and as far as I'm concerned the very first move of the offseason has to be the firing of Haines.

Community Moderator

CC is over rated imo.

If it's a bad roster and bad managing, how did they win 16 games?

What if I told you that Houser wasn’t a starting pitcher? Man do I hate that we have forced this.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Eric Sogard has been “worth” -1.2 fWAR over just 211 plate appearances in his stints with the Brewers during the 2018 and 2020 seasons.

Over those two seasons with the Brewers he is now just 28-for-183 (.153 BA) with just 5 doubles, 0 triples, and 1 home run.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Eric Sogard has been “worth” -1.2 fWAR over just 211 plate appearances in his stints with the Brewers during the 2018 and 2020 seasons.

Over those two seasons with the Brewers he is just 28-for-183 (.153 BA) with just 5 doubles, 0 triples, and 1 home run.

I could do that for less than 5 million.

Over those two seasons with the Brewers he is just 28-for-183 (.153 BA) with just 5 doubles, 0 triples, and 1 home run.

I appreciate you confirming that he stinks. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I appreciate you confirming that he stinks. :laughing

I had to look it up because I was wondering if it wasn’t as bad as I was remembering... It was even worse.

RE: Sogard... You should be able to throw a dart at a randomly generated list of Double-A and Triple-A hitters and the odds of landing on one that you could plug into your lineup that would out produce that line over 200 plate appearances is pretty high.

Archived