Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-01: Tigers (Fulmer) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 12-1]

Eye Black
That’s the second time today I’ve seen a player strike out on a pitch that hit him in the foot. Someone on the Cardinals did it to end their 6 run first inning against the Reds.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm just curious, for those of you that applauded the Brewers off season moves, and going cheap(and yes, there were some of you), what do you think now?? Anyone that didn't think this team wasn't going to be garbage was the biggest homer there is. I have said it once, I will say it again..you get what you pay for, and when you go shopping at Walmart like Stearns did, you get Walmart quality. What he did to this team after making the playoffs last year was abhorrent and irresponsible. If he doesn't learn from this going forward, then he shouldn't have a job much longer.

I applaud that he didn’t light money on fire with re-signing the players that many wanted. Those guys aren’t doing any/much better in most cases. We have one-year deals, and for the most part are not hamstrung going forward. Other than the Cain deal, and possibly Yelich, this team is in good financial shape. He will find talent. I believe that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Mr. Topa your 18 wheeler is loaded and ready.

He’s got crazy movement at 98. He probably should get more of a chance than 1 mistake in his MLB debut, and it wasn’t even that bad of a pitch.

Agreed but the likelihood of us discovering a guy nobody else has is extremely low as this season has shown but you are correct.

Levering is growing on me. The call forgetting how many outs there were was rough, but otherwise quite good.

Mr. Topa your 18 wheeler is loaded and ready.

He’s got crazy movement at 98. He probably should get more of a chance than 1 mistake in his MLB debut, and it wasn’t even that bad of a pitch.

Agreed but the likelihood of us discovering a guy nobody else has is extremely low as this season has shown but you are correct.

He's also a 29 year old who never made it to AAA with a career MiLB ERA touching 5. He's not going to get much leeway to show he belongs before he's back in indy ball.

I wonder if Hiura has a vision issue. The bat is plenty quick but he just doesn't see the ball. Frustrating watching him.

As someone who has worm glasses since he was five (soon to be 60) ... I’ve actually wondered the same thing. I hope he gets his eyes checked in the offseason. LASIK may help him & those of us who watch him.

Signing a player off a big injury never seemed smart and could really tank us as a franchise. This could really suck moving forward.

I don’t know what lasting effects from that injury would completely derail a career. Has there been instances where guys never bounced back from that?

They haven’t said anything about it, but it was pretty apparent that he wasn’t 100% in spring training because he didn’t start appearing in games right away. Then whatever plan he had to get ready for the season was thrown out the window. Then 4 months before the summer camp and he was completely out of whack.

I’m going to tell myself that with a full offseason of work without having to rehab the injury and then (hopefully) a normal spring training and he will be back in form next season.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

So Gyorko has an OPS over 900 and he can’t get a shot to start against righties. Just makes no sense at all that Counsell goes straight platoon with Sogard and Peterson starting against every righty.

You know he’s not on the active roster right???

I forgot but he wasn’t getting any starts against them prior to today.

Gyorko literally was in the starting lineup against a righty 24 hours ago.

If Corey Ray can't play with these guys what exactly is his profile?? Jeez. Top 5 pick that flames out is devastating setback.

How bad can Corey Ray be? They play Hiura every night and at his pace he’ll give Mark Reynolds and Adam Dunn a run for their money.

Ray must have not only horrible swing and miss tendencies but other holes in his game too

Hiura excelled in the minors at every stop and was very good last season at the major league level.....Ray has no such history to look back on. His best minor league season was 800 ops......last season 654.

Doesn’t matter, at this pace Hiura will strike out 213 times over his first 162 games. Thats Chris Carter, Mark Reynolds territory. For a guy who doesn’t play defense, if he continues to strike out that much he’ll be gone when he becomes arbitration eligible.

If they’re going to play a guy who strikes out in half his at bats and is a liability defensively, there is nothing to lose by playing Ray over replacement level players like Jace Peterson

Archived