Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-01: Tigers (Fulmer) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 12-1]

Eye Black
So Gyorko has an OPS over 900 and he can’t get a shot to start against righties. Just makes no sense at all that Counsell goes straight platoon with Sogard and Peterson starting against every righty.

Gyorko is unavailable tonight (bereavement list I think)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Gyorko has an OPS over 900 and he can’t get a shot to start against righties. Just makes no sense at all that Counsell goes straight platoon with Sogard and Peterson starting against every righty.

You know he’s not on the active roster right???

I forgot but he wasn’t getting any starts against them prior to today.

Signing a player off a big injury never seemed smart and could really tank us as a franchise. This could really suck moving forward.

I don’t know what lasting effects from that injury would completely derail a career. Has there been instances where guys never bounced back from that?

Signing a player off a big injury never seemed smart and could really tank us as a franchise. This could really suck moving forward.

You have to do this move though. On the free market he was getting $30m a year like Trout, Betts and Machado. I don’t regret that one at all.

The garbage Stearns surrounded him with on the other hand....

So I'm just curious, for those of you that applauded the Brewers off season moves, and going cheap(and yes, there were some of you), what do you think now?? Anyone that didn't think this team wasn't going to be garbage was the biggest homer there is. I have said it once, I will say it again..you get what you pay for, and when you go shopping at Walmart like Stearns did, you get Walmart quality. What he did to this team after making the playoffs last year was abhorrent and irresponsible. If he doesn't learn from this going forward, then he shouldn't have a job much longer.

Nobody’s fault but if this is the Yelich going forward it’s going to be impossible to overcome.

Dynamite observation.

I don’t know what lasting effects from that injury would completely derail a career. Has there been instances where guys never bounced back from that?

My assumption is that if Attanasio didn’t get an absolute green light on the injury from medical staff he never would have signed him to the extension.

I would be shocked if his struggles have anything to do with the injury......but no way to prove it obviously.

So I'm just curious, for those of you that applauded the Brewers off season moves, and going cheap(and yes, there were some of you), what do you think now?? Anyone that didn't think this team wasn't going to be garbage was the biggest homer there is. I have said it once, I will say it again..you get what you pay for, and when you go shopping at Walmart like Stearns did, you get Walmart quality. What he did to this team after making the playoffs last year was abhorrent and irresponsible. If he doesn't learn from this going forward, then he shouldn't have a job much longer.

Not only did he go to Walmart, he went directly to the bargain bin.

Ownership decided to cut payroll and Stearns did so. What he did to save on payroll was sign a bunch of scrubs but ownership is more at fault. The biggest issue is having a bad farm system where you don’t have talent within that you feel is better than Sogard and Smoak.

Shifted all the way around to the right side, but first 3 pitches off the plate down and outside. Your asking it to get slapped down the 3rd baseline. Especially at 98 he’s not pulling that.

On the bright side, that’s heavy sink at 98.

Archived