Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-01: Tigers (Fulmer) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 12-1]

Eye Black

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please just go with this lineup predominantly the rest of the season?

1. Urias - 2B

2. Yelich - LF

3. Braun - RF

4. Smoak - 1B

5. Hiura - DH

6. Gyorko - 3B

7. Garcia/Gamel - CF

8. Narvaez/Nottingham - C

9. Arcia - SS

I could be talked into bringing up Tyrone Taylor to patrol CF too.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I am pretty disappointed in Garcia. Dude has been nothing more than average. On a team that was hell bent on not spending money last off season, his cash could have been used a lot more efficiently elsewhere.

He can be replaced in our line-up daily, and we probably wouldn't notice it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Can we please just go with this lineup predominantly the rest of the season?

1. Urias - 2B

2. Yelich - LF

3. Braun - RF

4. Smoak - 1B

5. Hiura - DH

6. Gyorko - 3B

7. Garcia/Gamel - CF

8. Narvaez/Nottingham - C

9. Arcia - SS

Nope, the line-up has to change everyday. That is not an option, sorry. CC

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This might not be a popular opinion, but I am pretty disappointed in Garcia. Dude has been nothing more than average. On a team that was hell bent on not spending money last off season, his cash could have been used a lot more efficiently elsewhere.

I think most would agree with that assessment. He and Narvaez have been my biggest disappointments so far. I give Narvaez a little more of a mulligan because switching leagues as a catcher is probably a little more difficult. Garcia seems like a good dude, and certainly looks the part. He's a good athlete, and his defense is as advertised. He still has time to pick it up with the bat, but that time is dwindling.

I don't think I would judge either Garcia or Narvaez just on what we have seen this season. There are a lot of very good players, including our own, that have absolutely stunk this season. It is a weird season to say the least.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator

Narvaez is the one that is just a pure mystery and must be related to the weird aspects of this season.

García...meh...he's not that far off his career averages and was always a high K/low BB guy.

I am not disappointed in Garcia because I just don't think he is any good and certainly not worth 10 million per even on a short deal. Narvaez on the other hand was one of the best hitting catchers in baseball so his output so far is extremely disappointing.

I am not disappointed in Garcia because I just don't think he is any good and certainly not worth 10 million per even on a short deal. Narvaez on the other hand was one of the best hitting catchers in baseball so his output so far is extremely disappointing.

Avi put up 2 WAR last year. If anything, rough metrics suggest he was slightly underpaid....

Avi put up 2 WAR last year. If anything, rough metrics suggest he was slightly underpaid....

Along with 4.5 WAR in 2017.

This shortened, prorated season works out perfect, as 2021 is Avi's year to be a star again!

An interesting part about tonight’s lineup platoon is that during his 5 year professional career Michael Fulmer has actually been nearly identical against both LH hitters than RH hitters (almost 1,000 PAs against each side). This year it’s even more pronounced in favor of right handed hitters (in a very small sample of under 70 PAs): 1.504 OPS for RH batters and an .819 OPS for LH batters.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

He had one very good season (2017) and a decent year last year. The rest of his career has been mostly below average. The Brewers should not be paying 10 million for a player that has been good two out of seven seasons.

That's not unpopular at all. He has not been very good, then again, none of our hitters really have.

That's not unpopular at all. He has not been very good, then again, none of our hitters really have.

Yep....’.considering expectations you could say that Yelich and Hiura have been as big or bigger disappointments ....’.ditto for Braun.

RHP Phil Bickford selected from the Alternate Training Site.

Didn't think they'd add Bickford this year but excited to see it. Hasn't pitched above A+ ball, but his stats from July 9 until the end of the season last year were filthy:

14 G, 26 IP, 0 R, 9 H, 6 BB, 40 K

Archived