Brewer Fanatic

Brewers call up Supak and Topa

markedman5

Community Moderator
Topa is pushing 30 and was working in mop-up duty with a nameless jersey this spring, but he’s an Indy ball signee who I saw touch 99, so he’s a great story waiting to happen.

Any chance he's been working as a garbage man?

Throwing 99 is always intriguing. Though I'm more inclined to believe Wahl and Lauer have been stinking it up in Appleton than we have something with a 29 year old indy ball player with a career MiLB ERA touching 5.

Could work out well for Supak if the balls are no longer juiced. Remember him flirting with a couple of no hitters in Biloxi last year, then hitting a wall and giving up a bunch of bombs as soon as he was promoted to AAA and the ball changed.

Could work out well for Supak if the balls are no longer juiced. Remember him flirting with a couple of no hitters in Biloxi last year, then hitting a wall and giving up a bunch of bombs as soon as he was promoted to AAA and the ball changed.

Balls might still be juiced......heard yesterday that homers were very similar to last season

Topa is pushing 30 and was working in mop-up duty with a nameless jersey this spring, but he’s an Indy ball signee who I saw touch 99, so he’s a great story waiting to happen.

Any chance he's been working as a garbage man?

I believe the preferred term is "sanitation engineer."

I cant remember the last time the Brewers called up a player I have never heard of....maybe Dave Pember.

But prior to today, I had never heard of this Topa guy.

I have no idea how someone who throws 99 ends up in indy ball.

I played all the way through college and the only oppenent I ever encountered who threw that hard was Ken Giles. His mechanics were terrible but he was picked in the 7th round.

trey supak was optioned to the alternate training site in grand chute on 1 september when tyrone taylor was recalled from there.

justin topa was optioned to the alternate training site in grand chute on 4 september when jedd gyroko was reinstated from the bereavement list.

Archived