Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Woodruff) 1:10 PM CDT

Eye Black
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that "there's a growing sentiment among executives" that Josh Hader is traded.

Hader's velocity is down this season and he's coming off a rough outing on Saturday when he walked five batters. However, he still hasn't given up a hit in 2020 and is under team control through 2023. Obviously, it would take a big return in order to convince the Brewers to deal him. The Padres and Dodgers have reportedly touched base with the Brewers about Hader.

SOURCE: Bob Nightengale on Twitter

Aug 30, 2020, 1:05 PM ET

Yeah, I don't know which news aggregator site this is from, but it is incorrect and misleading.

It's from rotoworld.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My goodness Woody

It makes me sad that he sorta sucks this year.

I guess he's always sucked since his numbers this year are basically identical to the last two years.

I wouldn't say he's always sucked as much as he's been inconsistent in the past. You expect that a guy with his kind of stuff eventually finds more consistency. But perhaps this is the guy he'll always be?

Woodruff came into the game with a 3.19 ERA and a 2.87 FIP.

Fangraphs has him as the #11 pitcher in baseball.

And before people complain about walks, he had the 22nd lowest walk rate in baseball coming into today.

Tough crowd around here.

if someone wants to value Woodruff as an ace and give us a monster package I wouldn't be against moving him.

+1. He is not a top 5 mlb starter but if somebody wants to give you a haul like he is you certainly should think about it.

This is looking like one that will be too close to overturn. Really hard to tell exactly when the tag was made relative to the foot hitting the plate.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived