Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Woodruff) 1:10 PM CDT

Eye Black

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The home run curse strikes again!

Last night's heroics aside, Sogard should barely see time against righties, let alone lefties.

Oh I totally agree. I just think it’s funny and sad at the same time that if you hit a home run (or two!), that you will find yourself on the bench the next day.

The home run curse strikes again!

Last night's heroics aside, Sogard should barely see time against righties, let alone lefties.

Oh I totally agree. I just think it’s funny and sad at the same time that if you hit a home run (or two!), that you will find yourself on the bench the next day.

For Yelich it was the other way around.

Maybe that’s the real secret. Day off, return to hit HR, repeat and recycle.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that "there's a growing sentiment among executives" that Josh Hader is traded.

Hader's velocity is down this season and he's coming off a rough outing on Saturday when he walked five batters. However, he still hasn't given up a hit in 2020 and is under team control through 2023. Obviously, it would take a big return in order to convince the Brewers to deal him. The Padres and Dodgers have reportedly touched base with the Brewers about Hader.

SOURCE: Bob Nightengale on Twitter

Aug 30, 2020, 1:05 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that "there's a growing sentiment among executives" that Josh Hader is traded.

Hader's velocity is down this season and he's coming off a rough outing on Saturday when he walked five batters. However, he still hasn't given up a hit in 2020 and is under team control through 2023. Obviously, it would take a big return in order to convince the Brewers to deal him. The Padres and Dodgers have reportedly touched base with the Brewers about Hader.

Hader was all over last night obviously, but was hitting 96. That is pretty much where he sits. I maybe remember a few 97s last year.

Is this a typo? He “is traded” as in it’s complete? Or should it say “going to be”?

Is this a typo? He “is traded” as in it’s complete? Or should it say “going to be”?

I don't think that's a typo, I think the intent is to say "he is traded" as in will be traded at some point before the deadline. Maybe not the clearest choice of words but I'm sure that's what he's saying.

Yeah, I don't know which news aggregator site this is from, but it is incorrect and misleading.

Archived