Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-29: Pirates (Brubaker) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 7-6 -- Hader blown save; Sogard hits walk-off HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm only trading him for elite prospects. Whether thats Lux or Gore or some other top guy that needs to be the return when Hader still has 3 years of control after this one.

And that's fine. But you can't really say that with the line "this is why you trade even the most elite reliever when their value is the highest." Either you're going to take the highest bid when his value is the highest (now) or you're going to hold out for elite prospects. We can't force anyone into giving us what we want for Hader.

I don't think these pitchers like throwing to Nottingham

Burnes threw 6 shoutout last night. Try again.

And he pitched 0 innings today. Hader and Nottingham did not seem to be on the same page at all. Obviously it didn't matter much during the 8 pitch meltdown to end it, but for the first couple batters. Seemed too fastball heavy today when this year Hader has been throwing a lot more sliders.

Yeah tonights blowup shouldn't lower his value but it probably will. The move will most likely have to occur in the offseason if at all.

It won't. GMs of contending teams aren't idiots.

They are idiots for the most part which is why I think we can get a monster package but Hader has walked a ton of guys this season and that can scare GMs off when the price is so hig to begin with.

Archived