Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-29: Pirates (Brubaker) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 7-6 -- Hader blown save; Sogard hits walk-off HR]

Eye Black

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Mike Vassallo:

Luis Urías last night became the ninth different player to start in the leadoff spot for the Brewers this season. No other team has used more than five.

Sogard - 12

García - 7

Braun - 4

Cain - 2

Healy - 2

Gamel - 1

Holt - 1

Narváez - 1

Urías - 1

#ThisIsMyCrew 

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Per Mike Vassallo:

Luis Urías last night became the ninth different player to start in the leadoff spot for the Brewers this season. No other team has used more than five.

Sogard - 12

García - 7

Braun - 4

Cain - 2

Healy - 2

Gamel - 1

Holt - 1

Narváez - 1

Urías - 1

#ThisIsMyCrew 

I thought this was the lineup for today. Ha.

It would be nice if CC could settle on some kind of daily line-up. Why does it have to be so radically different from game to game?

Let the players get used to their roles for crying out loud...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It would be nice if CC could settle on some kind of daily line-up. Why does it have to be so radically different from game to game?

Let the players get used to their roles for crying out loud...

My hope is that he will eventually realize that the lineup he is playing against lefties just has better hitters than the lineup typically playing against righties, and make it more universal.

Tonight's official lineup:

2B Urías

LF Yelich

DH Hiura

1B Smoak

RF Braun

C Narváez

CF Gamel

SS Arcia

3B Sogard

(P Anderson)

Because why would we want to play the guy that hit two bombs last night? :rolleyes

Exactly! And why would you let your rookie who is hitting over .300 and had a couple hits last night stay in the lineup? NO! Yank them around! Don’t let the confidence rise! Sit that man down and shake it up! Shake it up Counsell! SHAKE IT UP!!

Tonight's official lineup:

2B Urías

LF Yelich

DH Hiura

1B Smoak

RF Braun

C Narváez

CF Gamel

SS Arcia

3B Sogard

(P Anderson)

Because why would we want to play the guy that hit two bombs last night? :rolleyes

It's asinine, absolutely asinine.

Not shocking, given the fact that he did the same thing to Pina not to long ago... I thought that maybe, just maybe I was kidding a little last night when I said that hitting those homers would give him a lot of bench time...

I guess hitting 2 homers in one game is a bench-able offense in the mind of our manager...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sogard starting over Gyorko is absolutely inexcusable. Stearns needs to step in and take away Counsells favorite toy.

Sorry to say, but Counsell is managing the team exactly how Stearns built it to be used.

I agree with you however Gyorko's career splits against righties is better than Sogard's so after a game like last night I don't understand why Counsell doesn't try to ride the hot hand when the offense has been so bad. Even when Yuni was hot I was all for letting it ride until he reverted back.

Sogard starting over Gyorko is absolutely inexcusable. Stearns needs to step in and take away Counsells favorite toy.

Sorry to say, but Counsell is managing the team exactly how Stearns built it to be used.

I agree with you however Gyorko's career splits against righties is better than Sogard's so after a game like last night I don't understand why Counsell doesn't try to ride the hot hand when the offense has been so bad. Even when Yuni was hot I was all for letting it ride until he reverted back.

Believe me, I’d have Gyorko in my line up tonight. I just don’t think Stearns would actually do it any different than Counsell. Not to mention Stearns is the reason why Sogard is on this roster still.

Per Tom Haudricourt

Ryan Braun has been scratched from #Brewers lineup tonight with lower back tightness. Jace Peterson will play right field in his place and bat 8th.

Change my prediction to eight or nine.

Jace Peterson actually being an option to play OF is all you need to know about this roster.

Archived