Brewer Fanatic

Grimm DFA.....Pina to IL.....Nottingham recalled

markedman5

Not necessarily the end for him if it's meniscus and nothing more. As far as knee injuries go, a meniscus tear isn't bad. Nowhere near the level of ACL/MCL. On one side of the knee it gets enough blood flow to usually heal fine on its own, on the other side it requires surgery. Probably for an athlete it would require a clean out surgery either way.

Not necessarily the end for him if it's meniscus and nothing more. As far as knee injuries go, a meniscus tear isn't bad. Nowhere near the level of ACL/MCL. On one side of the knee it gets enough blood flow to usually heal fine on its own, on the other side it requires surgery. Probably for an athlete it would require a clean out surgery either way.

I think what he's saying is that Pina's season is likely over, along with his Brewer career more than likely. The team has to see what they have in Nottingham at some point, as this is his last option year, and Narvaez is here for at least the next few years.

appears to be a season-ending injury for manny pina. he could be transferred to the 45-day injured list if the club needs either a 40-man roster spot or a 60-man club player pool spot. but both currently have at least one spot open.

Don't know why this would be the end for Pina as a Brewer. IMO he'll be back for $1.5M-$2M next year as a 1st year arby player.

My thoughts too. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Nottingham's play this year forces his way into the roster, and I had high hopes for the guy.

I’ll clarify. He will be 34 next year. We have Narvaez for the near future. I’m just not sure it makes sense to have Pina back in the mix at that age coming off a knee injury. We shall see though.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’ll clarify. He will be 34 next year. We have Narvaez for the near future. I’m just not sure it makes sense to have Pina back in the mix at that age coming off a knee injury. We shall see though.

I've never been big on Nottingham. I wish they'd go with Freitas myself if only because their lineup so offensively inept. I'm not sure Nottingham can secure the backup job over a month of 50 or 60 AB's. Feliciano and Henry had a huge year of development time taken away, so there still a ways away too.

Bottom line, I'm almost certain the Brewers will be in the market for a veteran RH hitting backstop and Pina fills that bill as well as any.

Sad news about Manny, hope he can comeback either with the Brewers or someone else. If it's with someone else, just remember "You don't run on the Pineapple"! This is the moment we've been long waiting for though, does the Khris Davis trade start paying dividends?

Don't know why this would be the end for Pina as a Brewer. IMO he'll be back for $1.5M-$2M next year as a 1st year arby player.

Uh, Manny Pina will have about 5 years of service time by the end of this year, he'll be in the last year of arbitration next year.

Yeah, I don't know why I said 1st year, it's his 3rd. Regardless, he's controlled for one more season and will probably cost about 2M to do it. No reason not to, IMO.

Sad news about Manny, hope he can comeback either with the Brewers or someone else. If it's with someone else, just remember "You don't run on the Pineapple"! This is the moment we've been long waiting for though, does the Khris Davis trade start paying dividends?

I haven't. He's not even really a prospect anymore. Nottingham's bat has really fallen off in the minors and he was never known as a defensive prospect.

He's already 25, I think if they really thought anything of his future they would have given him an extended look by now. Maybe he can surprise and put it all together. But more likely he's another Jett Bandy.

I haven't. He's not even really a prospect anymore. Nottingham's bat has really fallen off in the minors and he was never known as a defensive prospect.

He's already 25, I think if they really thought anything of his future they would have given him an extended look by now. Maybe he can surprise and put it all together. But more likely he's another Jett Bandy.

If one game means anything, Nottingham deserves a 4 year extension worth $80mil. That was a missile he hit.

I'm also only going to refer to him as 'Sheriff' from now on.

25 really isn't that old for a guy you're hoping can be a solid backup catcher. The problem I have is that you wouldn't have a good defensive catcher who can really limit the running game. For that reason I'd like to keep Pina for another year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• 4 weeks later...

Archived