Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-27, Game #2: Reds (Miley) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 6-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe I've watched both of these games. What is wrong with me...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's crazy how much rope the brewers are giving guys like Sogard and Grimm in a 60 game season. It's like they forgot the season is half over. Treat these guys as such. They stink get them out of here. The autopsy of this season is going to take a week to write. Nobody could have had a worse one then Stearns. Every single guy he has brought in has been terrible. It's unbelievable in retrospect.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At least the Cards were swept by Pittsburgh.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I’m going to say it one more time, and then I’ll move on (for tonight). Luis Urias should be leading off against LHPs. It’s one thing he’s really good at, yet he only got one at bat against Miley tonight because he was buried at the bottom of the lineup.

It's unbelievable that someone thinks Ryan Braun is a better option at this point.

It's crazy how much rope the brewers are giving guys like Sogard and Grimm in a 60 game season. It's like they forgot the season is half over. Treat these guys as such. They stink get them out of here. The autopsy of this season is going to take a week to write. Nobody could have had a worse one then Stearns. Every single guy he has brought in has been terrible. It's unbelievable in retrospect.

It may seem like more, but Justin Grimm has a grand total of 4 appearances.

It may seem like more, but Justin Grimm has a grand total of 4 appearances.

Yeah it does seems like more. He's been brutal and he's old so bring on a young guy imo.

Nearly no-hit by the Pirates, and now 1-hit by the Reds. I don't see any reason they should be buyers at the deadline. I hope they trade for some assets that can help them be competitive again next year, when hopefully there is a real season. I don't love the idea of losing a talent like Hader, but if they can get some real bats in return, I can support it.

This may have been the most lifeless a brewers team has looked in since the Jerry Royster Davy Lopes Brewers.

+1. I'm regretting my (prorated) purchase of MLB.tv to watch this team. I get that some years are better than others, but it doesn't even look like they are trying.

Hard to believe Sogard was this good just last season

Sogard rebounded with a strong 2019 season with the Toronto Blue Jays and the Tampa Bay Rays. In 110 games between the clubs, he hit a combined .290 with 13 home runs and 40 RBIs

I think Sogard was a big beneficiary of the juiced ball. He has an average exit velo around 83-mph this year, no way does he hit anywhere near double digit HR with the regular ball. Before last year he had never hit more than 3 home runs in a season.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Nearly no-hit by the Pirates, and now 1-hit by the Reds. I don't see any reason they should be buyers at the deadline. I hope they trade for some assets that can help them be competitive again next year, when hopefully there is a real season. I don't love the idea of losing a talent like Hader, but if they can get some real bats in return, I can support it.

They'll probably make a few minor type moves. But last year's minor type moves turned into Jordan Lyles and Drew Pomeranz, who led the team to a playoff spot last year, so who knows.

Archived