Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-27, Game #2: Reds (Miley) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 6-0]

Eye Black

After this game the Reds and Brewers will be tied again.

Looking at the two lineups and the pitching rotations, and even considering the Reds bullpen problems, I think the Reds are a far superior team and, if this were a full season, I don’t see how the Brewers would stay close to them. Their offense has been bad, but they sure have a lot more upside potential than the Brewers sad collection of journeymen.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another game out of reach in the second inning.

I know this offense has sucked for most of the season, but it's a 2-run deficit. That is a tad hyperbolic.

Maybe just a tad, but not much more than that.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Looks like we going to have to add Lindbloom to the list of off season mistakes. This guy has shown us nothing but the ability to get hit. A three year deal made no sense to me all things considered but it ain't looking good at all.

After this game the Reds and Brewers will be tied again.

Looking at the two lineups and the pitching rotations, and even considering the Reds bullpen problems, I think the Reds are a far superior team and, if this were a full season, I don’t see how the Brewers would stay close to them. Their offense has been bad, but they sure have a lot more upside potential than the Brewers sad collection of journeymen.

The Reds are a train wreck, just like they were last year. Sometimes a team just doesn't add up to the sum of its parts.

For his MLB career versus left-handed pitchers Luis Urias is hitting .358 BA / .395 OBP / .543 SLG / .939 OPS. He’ll get his first, and possibly only, at bat against Wade Miley to leadoff the 3rd inning.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Looks like we going to have to add Lindbloom to the list of off season mistakes. This guy has shown us nothing but the ability to get hit. A three year deal made no sense to me all things considered but it ain't looking good at all.

I liked the 3 year deal at the time. 3 isn't a big deal because it's cheap. So no big payroll commitment. The thinking I'm sure was the potential reward was the control if it panned out. Kind of like an Eric Thames deal for a pitcher. If you go 1 year and Lindblom has a big year, he's gone in free agency. So I'm sure that was their thought process.

But he certainly doesn't look good so far, agreed on that.

3 innings, 2 runs. If we can 2 more from him that will do. He hasn't been bad tonight. Our pitchers are going to give up runs. It just would be great if it worked the other way around here and there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
3 innings, 2 runs. If we can 2 more from him that will do. He hasn't been bad tonight. Our pitchers are going to give up runs. It just would be great if it worked the other way around here and there.

He has crazy stuff. I wish he could harness it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He has crazy stuff. I wish he could harness it.

I wonder if there is a difference in the MLB ball compared to the ones used in the KBO? I vaguely remember reading a story about pitchers not being able to command the MLB ball as well.

Another scolded single for Urias..........:)

Not so much on that one, but his exit velocity this year is averaging over 88-mph which is basically exactly MLB average among all hitters. He is among the top 5 players in the game in swinging contact rate, so he’s certainly got some ingredients to be optimistic about.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wonder when we will see a thread created about if we will regret the Yelich deal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If he isn’t back to at least All Star looking level by next May that would be my guess. Maybe he gets a free pass this year, but a slow start next year? Yah, I’d start getting a bit worried. We are going to pay him to be a perennial AS level talent.

I’m guessing f he turns it around eventually. I can’t imagine he just turns into a not elite level guy like that. I suppose there are examples of guys who did though.

Archived