Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-27, Game #1: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Eye Black
Yelich sucks. In all the years we've seen Braun out there, I've never seen him have that much trouble fighting the sun. Go back to playing right field.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Moustakas- has been bad.

Eric Thames- has been bad.

Yasmani Grandal- has been about average.

Travis Shaw- is who he was last season.

When you toss that in with how bad the Brewers hitters have been, it's just odd.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Has there ever been a left fielder in Miller Park history that has had more problems with the sun than Christian Yelich?

#RyanBraunForever

Orlando Arica:

wRC+: (100 is average)

2018- 54

2019- 61

2020- 89

After his first two at bats today his wRC+ is up to 96. If he surpasses 100 by the end of the night an appreciation thread may be in order.

Failed to mention it was 86 in 2017 before regressing to 54. He had a .317 babip that year though which is high.

He hit .277 in over 500 AB that year. I always thought he had it in him, and I seem to think he’s a break out candidate each year. Lately I feel it will just come the year after he leaves Milwaukee.

The decline of Travis Shaw has been a sad thing to witness. It wasnt very long ago that he was one of the better lefty 3B in the league, a 4 WAR player two straight years who could also give you innings at 1B and 2B.

Now he's a guy who will probably have to settle for a minor league deal to start over again somewhere in 2021.

Orlando Arica:

wRC+: (100 is average)

2018- 54

2019- 61

2020- 89

After his first two at bats today his wRC+ is up to 96. If he surpasses 100 by the end of the night an appreciation thread may be in order.

Now a 101 wRC+. Officially an above average hitter!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I’m not a fan of a 7-inning MLB game. This negates the Brewers one strength - our bullpen

I feel the opposite. If we hit, and actually get a lead, our starters can take us to a couple of studs instead of having our middle guys who are iffy to say the least.

The decline of Travis Shaw has been a sad thing to witness. It wasnt very long ago that he was one of the better lefty 3B in the league, a 4 WAR player two straight years who could also give you innings at 1B and 2B.

Now he's a guy who will probably have to settle for a minor league deal to start over again somewhere in 2021.

Shaw may play next year in Buffalo too

I’m not a fan of a 7-inning MLB game. This negates the Brewers one strength - our bullpen

I feel the opposite. If we hit, and actually get a lead, our starters can take us to a couple of studs instead of having our middle guys who are iffy to say the least.

I was basing my post on the fact that we CANNOT hit ... otherwise I agree with what you wrote .. but let’s acknowledge the truth - the Brewers may have the worst offense in MLB this year

I was basing my post on the fact that we CANNOT hit ... otherwise I agree with what you wrote .. but let’s acknowledge the truth - the Brewers may have the worst offense in MLB this year

We need as many at bats (outs) as possible & our deep bullpen affords us a chance to win the longer we play

When our favorite team has the worst offense in baseball the less we have to see of it the better.......

Archived