Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-27, Game #1: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trade Hader for a kings ransom and put Houser back in the pen where he belongs. Williams-Houser-Phelps is a very good back end.

I agree with you, but I don't know who else on this team should even be in the rotation. I don't think Freddy is a starter either. Maybe you can stretch out Suter and go Woodruff-Burnes-Lindblom-Anderson-Suter. That's an awfully weak rotation, though.

[sarcasm]Fun[/sarcasm] fact: Ben Gamel, Keston Hiura, Justin Smoak, Jedd Gyorko, and Christin Yelich all have struck out over 30% of their at bats this season. If you add in Ryon Healy and Jace Peterson, that is 7 players so far this season. Yikes.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

[sarcasm]Fun[/sarcasm] fact: Ben Gamel, Keston Hiura, Justin Smoak, Jedd Gyorko, and Christin Yelich all have struck out over 30% of their at bats this season. If you add in Ryon Healy and Jace Peterson, that is 7 players so far this season. Yikes.

Yeah but Stearns said the hitting coach isn't the problem.

If Yelich isn't playing at an MVP level this team has no chance to be successful.

Second verse, same as the first ...

Is this where you say that its a small sample size and that this offense is really good. Sogard and Peterson are really major league hitters and Garcia is worth every penny of his 10 million oer year contract.

If Yelich isn't playing at an MVP level this team has no chance to be successful.

Second verse, same as the first ...

Is this where you say that its a small sample size and that this offense is really good. Sogard and Peterson are really major league hitters and Garcia is worth every penny of his 10 million oer year contract.

Well, that would certainly be an original thought, wouldn't it?

I guess I am shocked that we are even flirting with. 500 and actually in a playoff race as it is because the individual performances have been atrociously bad. When Christian Yelich is under the Mendoza line halfway through the season and he's one of your better performers still, you have some major issues.

About the only strength of this team has been the pen, but they need more than that.

Maybe they can still sneak in as the 8th seed, but the Dodgers will eat us alive. It would still be nice to get the chance, though.

I guess I am shocked that we are even flirting with. 500 and actually in a playoff race as it is because the individual performances have been atrociously bad. When Christian Yelich is under the Mendoza line halfway through the season and he's one of your better performers still, you have some major issues.

About the only strength of this team has been the pen, but they need more than that.

Maybe they can still sneak in as the 8th seed, but the Dodgers will eat us alive. It would still be nice to get the chance, though.

Starting pitching doesn't have a lot of wins, but they have a decent ERA and have generally kept the team in most games. When combined with what's been basically a shut-down pen, that explains the record I think.

Trade Hader for a kings ransom and put Houser back in the pen where he belongs. Williams-Houser-Phelps is a very good back end.

I agree with you, but I don't know who else on this team should even be in the rotation. I don't think Freddy is a starter either. Maybe you can stretch out Suter and go Woodruff-Burnes-Lindblom-Anderson-Suter. That's an awfully weak rotation, though.

If only Eric Lauer didn't poop his pants but he could possibly be an option down the road.

Woodruff

Burnes

Anderson

Lindbloom

Lauer

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If only Eric Lauer didn't poop his pants but he could possibly be an option down the road.

Woodruff

Burnes

Anderson

Lindbloom

Lauer

If Woodruff and Burnes can pitch up to their capabilities that rotation wouldn't be half bad.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If you started an expansion team would it even be possible to put together a worse infield than the one we started in this game.

I missed you yesterday.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

When a lefty goes deep off Claudio, it is telling of the day you're having.

Orlando Arica:

wRC+: (100 is average)

2018- 54

2019- 61

2020- 89

After his first two at bats today his wRC+ is up to 96. If he surpasses 100 by the end of the night an appreciation thread may be in order.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Brewers aren’t the only team to come out of Summer Camp flat, but man they’ve just played some terribly boring baseball to watch, and that’s even with being entertainment starved due to the pandemic.

Archived