Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-27, Game #1: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Eye Black

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Please keep this thread free of politics and stick to the usual game banter (e.g. why is Sogard playing, Hader should be pitching in the 8th, why isn't Counsell challenging that play, this offense sucks etc.) We are going to be pretty decisive with the ban hammer for violations today given how quickly the thread last night went downhill. Thanks for understanding.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Can you imagine telling your October of 2018 self that with just over a month remaining in the 2020 season there would be a day where the starting infield would consist of: Eric Sogard (3B), Orlando Arcia (SS), Jace Peterson (2B), Justin Smoak (1B)
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Can you imagine telling your October of 2018 self that with just over a month remaining in the season the 2020 there would be a day where the starting infield would consist of: Eric Sogard (3B), Orlando Arcia (SS), Jace Peterson (2B), Justin Smoak (1B)

Ha...no Aguilar, Shaw, and still Arcia. What a nightmare, not to mention we dumped Sogard in 2018 after being total garbage. Man if Aguilar and Shaw would have been long term hits we could be or already have a WS banner hung. So disappointing.

My October 2018 self probably would imagine Hader and Yelich were both traded before 2019 if I heard that was the future infield.

Imagine telling your October of 2018 self that the Brewers were going to lose under 60 games in 2020.

We are rebuilding, we are just doing it without selling. Narvaez and Urias are rebuilding pieces. With all of our young pitching we might as well try to win too. Even Stearns would tell you that last year was the WS roster and this year is a "transition" year-- aka rebuilding year.

Man, it’d be great to get back to .500 today. I know a split would be fine but let’s get greedy!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Are these 7-innings?

Yes

Looks like we won't see Hader today then.

:laughing Solid.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Orlando Arica:

Walk Rate:

2018- 4.1%

2019- 7.9%

2020- 11.6%

Strikeout Rate:

2018- 23.8%

2019- 20.0%

2020- 12.9%

wRC+: (100 is average)

2018- 54

2019- 61

2020- 89

While he is not lighting the world on fire with his bat, the improvement is there. It just may not ever be what everyone was hoping for from him. But as another poster wrote (and I forget who) he never really did all that great coming through the minor leagues.

Trade Hader for a kings ransom and put Houser back in the pen where he belongs. Williams-Houser-Phelps is a very good back end.

Trade Hader for a kings ransom and put Houser back in the pen where he belongs. Williams-Houser-Phelps is a very good back end.

Nobody is giving up a king’s ransom this year.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Nobody is giving up a king’s ransom this year.

If not by the trade deadline, this winter works.

If anyone is wondering this is the first doubleheader in Miller Park history.

I don’t think it is. The first game I ever attended at Miller Park was postponed after one inning because of a power failure and I’m pretty sure they played two the next day.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived