Brewer Fanatic

The Sogard Experience

Jopal78
Lock this stupid thread! Sogard is a hero!

I mean, between tonight, and keeping Maeda from throwing a no-no a couple weeks ago, Sogard has had about as much of an impact I gut with a sub-.500 OPS could possibly have.

He hit a game winner in extras in Pittsburgh too. I'm no Sogard apologist, but he's a fine bench player. I thought Brock Holt had the better pedigree/history, but obviously the organization sees otherwise (unless Holt wanted to go home...)

I’d agree with you if he was a bench player. Sogard, however, has the 5th most plate appearances on the team.

I’d agree with you if he was a bench player. Sogard, however, has the 5th most plate appearances on the team.

That's mostly because he started the year hitting leadoff (& Urias wasn't here yet).

Sogard still had a .400 OBP after 13 team games (40% of the season at this point), one of the only guys not making outs, so it wasn't the worst idea. As he's struggled over the last 19 games (& Urias got here), he's consistently been hitting lower in the order.

I'll take the under on him finishing the season 5th on the team in PAs.

Sogard is going to start against every right handed starter that we face so he is going to be playing most of the time. Good for him and the team that he won the game for us yesterday but its just going to mean he keeps playing which is not good for us the rest of the season.

Archived