Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-24: Reds (Bauer) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Offense tallies 7 hits and 4 runs off Bauer]

Eye Black
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
teams don't typically go from crap to contender in one season.

The reverse is usually true as well.

The Red Sox would like to have a word.

Are the Nats crap?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think Omar is comin'.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Gotta tell you ... watching this Reds team play like a dumpster fire is oddly satisfying after all the "OMG the Reds are gonna be contenders" talk from last winter.

The Reds may be moving in the right direction, but that team was a train wreck last year, and teams don't typically go from crap to contender in one season.

It would be satisfying if we weren’t matching their dumpster fire play so far to date.

Since 1980, 10 teams have won the world series and finished below .500 the next year. I don't know if that's technically crap, or gnat's crap, but here it is:

https://www.mlb.com/news/10-mlb-teams-that-fell-below-500-after-titles-c236575454

So it doesn't happen all that often.

I hope we get to see Hader today.

Better hope we have a 3 run or less lead in the 9th inning and only that inning.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Honestly Anderson should have never started that inning.

It was fine....low pitch count and he was pitching great.

Now Williams and Hader got to hold the lead

He gave up a homer in the 6th and some other fairly loud outs all to the outfield. He certainly wasn’t pitching all the great in the 6th. It’s Brett Anderson, not Woodruff...pitch count shouldn’t be a huge factor for a reason to just send him out.

I don’t have a huge problem sending him out there, especially since they had a quick hook...but we really can’t be losing this game after a pitiful Pirates series.

Williams is kind of a joke.

Trevor Bauer has thrown 127 pitches in a game each of the past two seasons. I didn’t know pitchers were still allowed to throw that many (one of those was only a 6.2 IP appearance).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Arcia constantly messes with guys from the other team when he is on the bases. He just knocked the ball from Suarez's glove...lol Then took a jab to the head back, assuming they are just messing with each other.

he does stuff like this a lot. I like it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

More people should name their kids Tejay

Archived