Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-23: Brewers (Burnes) at Pirates (Brubaker) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Pirates Polanco hits 2-run HR off Phelps in 8th]

Eye Black
Lepay droning on and on about Frazier’s dirty uniform is annoying me.......but then again everything is annoying me these days......

At least he dropped the "break even pitch" schtick. I bet his first day in town he was told in the production meeting to shut the hell up with that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Trevor Bauer, Luis Castillo, and Sonny Gray scheduled to face the Brewers Monday-Wednesday this week, today seems like best possible opportunity to see the offense break out.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I guess one positive takeaway from this series in Pittsburgh...

Struggling hitters do sometimes break out of their funk. The Pirates have put that possibility on full display this weekend.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I guess one positive takeaway from this series in Pittsburgh...

Struggling hitters do sometimes break out of their funk. The Pirates have put that possibility on full display this weekend.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Pirates hitters do in the next few series. Are they really breaking out of a funk or is it just the Brewers pitching?

In this series the Pirates have had 10 innings with runs and only 8 zeroes.

The Brewers are just 2 runs away from the worst run differential in the NL.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I've been optimistically patient for most of this year, but this series may be the breaking point for me. On the bright side, I've been broken about this same time of year each of the last 2 years only to be pleasantly surprised by the stretch run.

Archived