Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-23: Brewers (Burnes) at Pirates (Brubaker) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Pirates Polanco hits 2-run HR off Phelps in 8th]

Eye Black

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Braun or Urias isn’t leading off today I’ll lose my mind. But I’m sure we will see the nerd or Garcia.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Braun or Urias isn’t leading off today I’ll lose my mind. But I’m sure we will see the nerd or Garcia.

Sogard will be leading off since we are facing a righty and we need him to get as many at bats as possible. Burnes should be able to handle this lineup and hopefully we can put up some runs against this scrub.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
v1.bTsxMTIwOTk0MTtqOzE4NTc5OzEyMDA7MTIwMDsxNjAw
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lineup has been added to the opening post. Sogard is out of the lineup for the second day in a row.

I typically don’t get overly annoyed by the lineup order, but I really wish they would leadoff with Urias and give him a chance to flourish in that role. His single biggest skill is an ability to make contact and get on base. He isn’t going to get a ton of extra base hits, but there will be days when he’ll single teams to death. Why not put that guy at the top of your order and give yourself a higher percentage chance of the elite bats coming up with someone on base? That OBP ability looks completely wasted when the guy after him is currently sporting the Milwaukee area code as his OPS (.414).

It remains baffling to me, unless they feel strongly there is some reason to proceed with extreme caution. Okay, rant over. Now hopefully the universe makes me look silly when Urias gets on base four times and Narvaez and Arcia bat him in all day long.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Narvaez finally gets a few today. Call me crazy. Brewers win 5-2.

I just dropped him on a fantasy team so this would make perfect sense.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Some tweets from Adam McCalvy on today’s presser with David Stearns...

The Trade Deadline is a week from tomorrow. Are the 11-14 Brewers buyers or sellers?

David Stearns: "I think we consider ourselves open to a variety of different possibilities. When you are in my position, you always want to add to your team. ... We also have to be smart."

Stearns says the Brewers' problem is not the coaches. "I think our hitting coaches are doing just about everything in their power and probably more to try to get our group going."

Stearns just noted that while it's true that a player can't be immediately traded unless he's in a team's 60-man pool, there is no rule against a PTBNL.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Really wanted the rainout. The Pirates are swinging with confidence and like they know what pitches are coming. I would rather take my chances facing them later in a DH when they might have returned to normal.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I don't blame Cain for doing what is best for himself and his family, but the Brewers really miss him. He is a very stabilizing presence particularly in the OF, but also in the lineup, on the bases and in the clubhouse.

I don't blame Cain for doing what is best for himself and his family, but the Brewers really miss him. He is a very stabilizing presence particularly in the OF, but also in the lineup, on the bases and in the clubhouse.

Yep to all of it.

Archived