Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-22: Brewers (Lindblom) at Pirates (Holland) [Brewers lose, 12-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can bag on the offense all we want because there is enough there for days but here are the runs given up lately:

Our last 12 games:

12 runs - 2 times

7 runs - 2 times

5 runs - 2 times

4 runs - 4 times

3 runs - 2 times

5.83 runs a game and that is if the Pirates are done mashing us around today. Pathetic.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He can play with himself for a week for the crap he’s done lately.

#phrasing

It was on purpose. :laughing I get that Hiura could have a big future and maybe it’s the Millers talking but I’m just tired of his crap this past few days. It’s not like we are winning with him. Teach him a lesson.

He just turned 24 and has a 130 OPS+ for his career and is the best prospect that has come through our system the last 5 years. I get the frustration with various guys but Keston has been largely successful through almost 500 major league plate appearances so I think there's some perspective needed there.

Didn't see the pop-up that he dogged, no excuse for that if it happened and if they give him a day off to think about it that's fine, but he isn't the first guy in the Counsell era to do that and by and large that has never resulted in a long-term benching so I don't know what would be different this time. It's not like Counsell has a slew of better options to throw out there.

Keston is a guy that we need in the lineup and hitting the way he's capable of if we are going to make the playoffs.

May as well have had Perdomo finish the game because he'll never be pitching in a Brewer uniform again.

You never know when you'll need a guy to turn a three run deficit into a 7 run deficit.

There really ought to be a 10 run rule in MLB.

May as well have had Perdomo finish the game because he'll never be pitching in a Brewer uniform again.

You never know when you'll need a guy to turn a three run deficit into a 7 run deficit.

There really ought to be a 10 run rule in MLB.

Next man up. Might as well give Phil Bickford a shot.

Angel Hernandez just stinks behind home plate. Do the umps generally stay within a division or with a team or something? I haven't been paying close attention to what umpires are doing with COVID and travel but it's frustrating to keep drawing him.

That being said, Brewer pitchers have been bad an outside the zone and he squeezed Holland a few times; it's just a more in-general view that he's been terrible for as long as I've been paying attention. It's a bummer I've had to see him so often this season, whether behind home plate or on other bases.

Unfortunately the umps are in regional pods. We are likely to have him a lot more this season.

Angel Hernandez just stinks behind home plate. Do the umps generally stay within a division or with a team or something? I haven't been paying close attention to what umpires are doing with COVID and travel but it's frustrating to keep drawing him.

That being said, Brewer pitchers have been bad an outside the zone and he squeezed Holland a few times; it's just a more in-general view that he's been terrible for as long as I've been paying attention. It's a bummer I've had to see him so often this season, whether behind home plate or on other bases.

Unfortunately the umps are in regional pods. We are likely to have him a lot more this season.

Thank you; I figured that might be the case.

I couldn't imagine being in a pod with both Hernandez and CB Bucknor.

For as good of a reputation as David Stearns has we are almost halfway through the season and his offseason acquisitions have been almost universal failures across the board.

Lindblom

Narvaez

Holt

Smoak

Sogard

Morrison, have all been spectacular failures.

Garcia has been about the best of the bunch and he hasn't been good.

A 10-run rule with the covid stuff would have made a lot of sense with a shortened season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

For as good of a reputation as David Stearns has we are almost halfway through the season and his offseason acquisitions have been almost universal failures across the board.

Lindblom

Narvaez

Holt

Smoak

Sogard

https://www.jsonline.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fmlb%2Fbrewers%2F2020%2F08%2F21%2Fgroup-veteran-players-added-over-winter-failing-brewers-badly%2F5620835002%2F

Lindblom

Narvaez

Holt

Smoak

Sogard

It’s such a bizarre year.......hard to really even blame him. I mean when Narvaez underachieves his career numbers by infinity I’m not sure what sort of conclusions can be drawn other then in a sprint we tripped out of the blocks.

I had certainly hoped for more from all of those guys but 25 games is nothing.......remember how bad the Nationals were last season at the 60 game mark?

It’s a weird game......so much variance.

Lindblom

Narvaez

Holt

Smoak

Sogard

It’s such a bizarre year.......hard to really even blame him. I mean when Narvaez underachieves his career numbers by infinity I’m not sure what sort of conclusions can be drawn other then in a sprint we tripped out of the blocks.

I had certainly hoped for more from all of those guys but 25 games is nothing.......remember how bad the Nationals were last season at the 60 game mark?

It’s a weird game......so much variance.

You said it well. Even though we are struggling, the players brought in are not this bad. It is a weird season to say the least and things just haven't clicked (again, so say the least).

Lindblom

Narvaez

Holt

Smoak

Sogard

The only saving grace is we aren't really on the hook for these guys long term. Try again next offseason and hope for the best.

Even weirder for the Nats at the 60 game mark last season was they had talent.

They were injured. Turner, Soto and Rendon all landed on the IL in April and/or May.

Right. I was trying to make the "there isn't a comparison to last years Nats team to this years Brewer team." They had talent, were injured, etc. This years Brewer team has some talent but they're just not good overall.

Pina is 2 for 20 since his hot stretch and 1 game in 4 day vacation.

It was a giant mistake for CC to bench him the next 2 games after his 2 HR performance. Just stupid.

Kind of like pinch hitting for Gyrko today in his next at bat following a homer.

CC makes me scratch my head frequently, but this year is worse than previous years.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Pina is 2 for 20 since his hot stretch and 1 game in 4 day vacation.

He’s a great backup. It’s where it ends. He never will hit enough to be the main guy. That’s why Narvaez is supposed to be here for. Unfortunately, he hasn’t show up.

Archived