Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-22: Brewers (Lindblom) at Pirates (Holland) [Brewers lose, 12-5]

Eye Black
I came into this came thinking W. I don’t know. The confidence of this team just may be too shot right now. Just hardly anything positive happening for them.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine sending down that guy and playing the likes of Sogard and Holt in place of him when our team is struggling to bat .200

Bump.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Imagine sending down that guy and playing the likes of Sogard and Holt in place of him when our team is struggling to bat .200

Bump.

Glad he’s been able to pick up where he left off. Let’s hope it doesn’t get him sent down again.

Great piece of hitting unrewarded. Frustrating season.

This great command of 6 pitches that we were told about hasn’t been evident so far.

Lindbloom was basically billed as a solid #4-5-type starter, and that's the type of contact that he signed. He's probably good enough to keep a decent team in most games, and eat innings. He's always the type that a good team is going to be looking to replace. Hopefully he'll be beaten out for a rotation spot next spring.

Not only has Mathias hit, he can run. This team is so damn slow. They need a bit of speed.

This great command of 6 pitches that we were told about hasn’t been evident so far.

Lindbloom was basically billed as a solid #4-5-type starter, and that's the type of contact that he signed. He's probably good enough to keep a decent team in most games, and eat innings. He's always the type that a good team is going to be looking to replace. Hopefully he'll be beaten out for a rotation spot next spring.

He looks like a long reliever to me

IMHO ...

Lindblom is not a major league pitcher - certainly not a starter

He Is a junk baller & that may win him awards in the KBO, but not in MLB

I understand the budget conscious Brewers taking a flyer like they did with Thames, but I hate to think Lindblom will be in the rotation for three years

Like Brock Holt, I was excited when those signings took place

I’m not excited any more

IMHO ...

Lindblom is not a major league pitcher - certainly not a starter

He Is a junk baller & that may win him awards in the KBO, but not in MLB

I understand the budget conscious Brewers taking a flyer like they did with Thames, but I hate to think Lindblom will be in the rotation for three years

Like Brock Holt, I was excited when those signings took place

I’m not excited any more

The Brewers saw what the Cardinals got in Miles Mikolas, and tried to replicate that. Mikolas and Lindblom bring similar-type stuff to the mound.

Pretty pathetic AB there. Hiura just might not be ready for it all yet. How he continues to be whoever in the 2-3 hole is beyond me.

Lindbloom has given up early runs, but seems to settle in and keep you in a game. He’s paid like a #5 starter essentially, and about what he is. I think he would be a .500 pitcher with about a 4.50 ERA over a full season.

At least Yelich is wearing sunglasses this time. This is pretty comical.

Archived