Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Kuhl) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
In other news the Cubs are down 8-0 to the White Sox in the 6th inning. Hernan Perez started for the Cubs and has already played three different positions tonight.

The Tigers had lost 20 straight games to the Indians (MLB record is 23 straight), but they are up 10-5 on Cleveland in the 8th inning.

Yeah, that streak is nuts, especially in this era. Looks like it ends tonight. I think the Brewers beat the Pirates 17 in a row several years ago, right?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that streak is nuts, especially in this era. Looks like it ends tonight. I think the Brewers beat the Pirates 17 in a row several years ago, right?

Yes, the Brewers winning streak over the Pirates for 17 straight stretched from July 4, 2008 to May 5, 2009. It was the 2nd longest modern day steak at the time, but is now the 4th longest modern day streak of one team over another.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

In other news the Cubs are down 8-0 to the White Sox in the 6th inning. Hernan Perez started for the Cubs and has already played three different positions tonight.

The Tigers had lost 20 straight games to the Indians (MLB record is 23 straight), but they are up 10-5 on Cleveland in the 8th inning.

Yes.

https://www.mlb.com/news/longest-winning-streaks-against-one-mlb-team

Archived