Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Kuhl) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our offense stinks but our pitching hasn’t been great either. Giving up a lot of runs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Houser is a reliever. *Cracks another Miller

Yep, relievers go 7IP only giving up one extra base hit.*Finishes off another Shiner.

...and 4 runs to a lousy team.

With two infield hits and an error accounting for half of them.

Well, I think Houser's performance was maybe something to inspire a bit of optimism at least. He had the one rough inning but recovered to go 7 deep, and if we could play defense he probably would be getting a no decision tonight.

I think we’ve seen too many take steps back offensively and then go elsewhere and do well. Andy Haines just has to be the fall guy even if he really doesn’t play much a role in it.

I wonder if he is starting to feel the pressure and that’s why he started barking at the umpire when Gamel was up batting? I agree in that too many guys have struggled when brought here and succeeded to an extent elsewhere.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think we’ve seen too many take steps back offensively and then go elsewhere and do well. Andy Haines just has to be the fall guy even if he really doesn’t play much a role in it.

I wonder if he is starting to feel the pressure and that’s why he started barking at the umpire when Gamel was up batting? I agree in that too many guys have struggled when brought here and succeeded to an extent elsewhere.

Who? Haines was hired last year so it'd have to be someone that was on last year's team. Aguilar?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Who?

Andy Haines was barking at the umpire from the dugout.

That Luis Urias single (103.7 exit velocity) was the Brewers second hardest hit ball of the night behind the Ben Gamel home run. Yes, it was ahead of the Yelich HR. Urias isn’t a guy with typically high exit velo, but that was some good contact.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

In other news the Cubs are down 8-0 to the White Sox in the 6th inning. Hernan Perez started for the Cubs and has already played three different positions tonight.

The Tigers had lost 20 straight games to the Indians (MLB record is 23 straight), but they are up 10-5 on Cleveland in the 8th inning.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

One of the most blah/unlikeable Brewers teams in a long time. They’re just not any fun to watch.

This is how I feel. Missing Cain hurts in that respect. I keep thinking of 2016, which was a bad team but fun. Way more fun than this group, and a lot of that has to do with just being younger and more capable of surprising you.

Archived