Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Kuhl) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
I can't believe how awful Brock Holt has been. I thought that was a reasonably decent signing.

I can’t believe he was just allowed to hit with the bases juiced and us down 3 with Garcia and Braun eating sunflower seeds on the bench. Counsell has been a part of the problem this year.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't score against the worst team in baseball. Should I be celebrating our 1 run and 3 hits.

Scored 9 a couple nights ago on one of the best teams in baseball. Where were you?

I'm not getting excited about one good offensive night when its been bad just about every other night.

Our lineup hasn’t been good but not starting Braun and Garcia is just dumb. If one needs a day off, stagger them. Just too much potential pop to leave out of the lineup when we are already lacking it.

I love Braun but he just isn't the same player and Garcia sucks.

He doesn’t need to be the player he used to be. He’s still a 25 homer, .285/.350/.850 hitter. He’s still a middle of the order bat and is sorely missed when he’s not playing.

I'm enjoying summer beers from what has become my second favorite brewery Shiner. First was their Mango Kolsch, next their Sea Salt and Lime, and now their Strawberry Blonde.

I’ll have to give the Sea Salt and Lime a try, that sounds like a great summer beer.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Right? We crept back to .500 and he was nonexistent around here. Complains to complain. We get it, things aren’t going as planned right now.

Seems like every season there are a few of those types. Complain when the going's tough ... nonexistent when it's going well. I do understand the complaints this year, because it's been a frustrating team to watch. The repetitiveness gets old, though.

I can't believe how awful Brock Holt has been. I thought that was a reasonably decent signing.

I can’t believe he was just allowed to hit with the bases juiced and us down 3 with Garcia and Braun eating sunflower seeds on the bench. Counsell has been a part of the problem this year.

agree....CC asleep at the wheel.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Our lineup hasn’t been good but not starting Braun and Garcia is just dumb. If one needs a day off, stagger them. Just too much potential pop to leave out of the lineup when we are already lacking it.

I love Braun but he just isn't the same player and Garcia sucks.

He doesn’t need to be the player he used to be. He’s still a 25 homer, .285/.350/.850 hitter. He’s still a middle of the order bat and is sorely missed when he’s not playing.

I doubt Braun can still produce at that level but I agree he needs to play.

It was basically his stat line from a season ago. But yeah... you’re probably right....
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm enjoying summer beers from what has become my second favorite brewery Shiner. First was their Mango Kolsch, next their Sea Salt and Lime, and now their Strawberry Blonde.

I’ll have to give the Sea Salt and Lime a try, that sounds like a great summer beer.

Tastes just like Miller Chill, my second favorite beer of all time.

Better get some now as their fall seasonal Oktoberfest is already out.

It was basically his stat line from a season ago. But yeah... you’re probably right....

Blame the manager for his obsession with Sogard.

I don’t know what that has to do with Braun? Unless you’re Clancy in disguise and think he should be playing 3B?

This is like opening day with Gamel doing what Arcia did that day with all our hits.

I’m starting to think that one player getting all 3 of a team’s hits isn’t a formula for success.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Blame the manager for his obsession with Sogard.

I don’t know what that has to do with Braun? Unless you’re Clancy in disguise and think he should be playing 3B?

Counsell has been going straight platoon which means Sogard and Holt are in against righties. If he didn't believe so much in those two Braun would be in there and not at third base obviously.

Archived