Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Kuhl) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My beverage of choice tonight is water.

On the subject of the Brewers offense, the TV announcers just hit on one of my pet peeves when they referred to the Brewers offense as “inconsistent”. They are not inconsistent; they are weak with an occasional productive game.

I think the term is generally overused When applied to baseball offenses because every team, good and bad, has games when they have trouble scoring and others when they have outbursts. The trick is to have more of the latter than the former and have the normal be on the higher side. It’s harder for a baseball offense to be truly consistent day to day when they are facing a different pitcher every day.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I,know we haven’t really hit against anyone but we seem be particularly bad vs right handed starters.

Is that perception accurate?

The team batting splits on Baseball Reference would support that perception, and the margin is pretty wide.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Since I thought it might be a nice change of pace to have something to discuss beyond solely the ineptitude of the Brewers offense, I figured we could try something new for a topic:

Whatcha Drinkin’?

When you check in to the thread tonight, feel free to share your beverage of choice for the evening. Whether you’re indulging in an adult beverage or sticking with something non-alcoholic, chime in with what you are drinking on this Friday night.

Adding this reminder to the top of the second page for those who join late and miss the first page.

For my drink of choice this evening, I picked up a 4-pack of the Working Draft Beer Company’s Pulp Culture IPA. I have had other beers from Working Draft, but this is my first time sipping this particular beverage.

Good idea!

I am drinking a "Why Wouldn't Cha?" Hazy IPA from Third Space Brewing.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Without fans in the stands what is the use of mascots.

I think it's part of the TV package. Without fans to cut to, the production folks want to be able to keep up the rhythm of a "normal" broadcast. I'm no expert on video production, but maybe someone else knows more.

And I know the original comment is probably rhetorical, but I'm weird and get kind of obsessed with the way these broadcasts are put together.

Arcia has been impressive. It’s been great to see.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Great catch.......man

I’m not 100% convinced that wasn’t trapped. It looked to me like he had his glove pointed down so he had the ball covered when it hit the ground. Nothing that could have been reversed on review.

Archived