Brewer Fanatic

corey knebel activated; mark mathias optioned to grand chute

djoctagone

corey knebel to the 10-day injured list with a strained left hamstring.

utility man mark mathias was recalled from the alternate training site.

replacing a pitcher with a position player is an unusual move for a club with 13 more consecutive games before a day off, so we will see how long the club plays a pitcher short.

j.p. feyereisen, trey supak and bobby wahl are eligible for recall at any point. eric lauer still needs to meet the requisite 10 days on optional assignment.

Given that he was in the big league portion of camp and according to the Jim Henderson interview he has been pitching well in Appleton, I wonder if it isn’t more likely they free up a 40-man spot for Brown than call up Supak if they are going the minor league starter in the bullpen route.

corey knebel to the 10-day injured list with a strained left hamstring.

utility man mark mathias was recalled from the alternate training site.

replacing a pitcher with a position player is an unusual move for a club with 13 more consecutive games before a day off, so we will see how long the club plays a pitcher short.

j.p. feyereisen, trey supak and bobby wahl are eligible for recall at any point. eric lauer still needs to meet the requisite 10 days on optional assignment.

Does Lauer still need to meet that given there was an injury? I thought in that situation he was allowed to be immediately recalled?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

eric lauer still needs to meet the requisite 10 days on optional assignment.

Does Lauer still need to meet that given there was an injury? I thought in that situation he was allowed to be immediately recalled?

only if the recall corresponds with the injury list placement. the recall assignment went to someone else, so lauer has to stay the requisite 10 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived