Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-20: Brewers (Woodruff) at Twins (Berrios) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I would keep Mathias over Holt at this point.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The good news is the Brewers have the Pirates tomorrow. The bad news is Pirates starter Chad Kuhl has a 3.21 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, and a 11.6 K/9 so far this season.

Almost anyone could shut down the Brewers these days, including Kuhl, who I think has had some good games against the Brewers in the past. But, he has only pitched 14 innings this season and gave up 3 runs in 5 innings in his last start. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Brewers get a hit against him before the 5th inning.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Back to Appleton Perdomo. Much to work on.

Yep. Tons of potential, but not sure how patient they'll be with him. Toronto ran out of patience before even putting him in AA. Suppose it's time for Wahl or Feyereisen to get their second chance.

Very glad to have the Twins off the schedule.

9 of the next 13 against the Pirates/Tigers, and 10 of those 13 at home. That's as favorable a stretch as you can get. Shooting for at least 8-5, which would put you at 19-17 coming into Craigtember. I'd feel real good about a playoff shot at that point.

Very glad to have the Twins off the schedule.

9 of the next 13 against the Pirates/Tigers, and 10 of those 13 at home. That's as favorable a stretch as you can get. Shooting for at least 8-5, which would put you at 19-17 coming into Craigtember. I'd feel real good about a playoff shot at that point.

If the Brewers are going to make a run, this is where they do it....

Perdomo will likely never be a reliable MLB pitcher barring a big change. Dude has no command...and never has. As a relief pitcher that won’t cut it, especially with smarter MLB hitters.

If he ever becomes something I doubt it is with us. As a competing team there really isn’t patience for a wild thrower like him. Classic guy with a bunch of perceived potential, but has such an issue with command he is far far away from actually realizing that potential.

Archived